Jaloni Cambridge To Set Top 7

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Jaloni Cambridge To Set Top 7

Post by MikeADore »

She posted an instagram reel indicating she will release a Top 7 tomorrow. My utterly wild guess:

* South Carolina (Why? Dawn Staley)
* LSU (She's deeply immersed in social media. Where better to get the attention fix than the Bayou?)
* Ohio State (Perfect program and style of play for her, plus sis Kennedy will be there)
* Baylor (Only included because she made unofficial visit)
* UConn (If there's a connection it's a quiet one, but why wouldn't there be?)
* North Carolina (Because they seem to make everyone's finalist list)
* UCLA (See North Carolina)

I truly don't know any of this, though it's about as certain as it can be that South Carolina and LSU will be on the list. She is rumored to have an official visit set for LSU in September.

Actually, I believe there could be a dark horse or two in the picture. Someone like a Virginia Tech or a Notre Dame etc.

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Re: Jaloni Cambridge To Set Top 7

Post by MikeADore »

Her top 7:

South Carolina
LSU
Ohio State
Baylor
Louisville
Florida
Georgia
janvandy66
Ensign

Post by janvandy66 »

If we can't a great player in her on town (Nashville) then that will be a shame. I don't care about all the other teams that are listed we need to put every effort in to signing her if we are ever going to be a championship team.
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

We’ll survive just fine!! As much as we love Jordan, I don’t believe we are loved by the Cambridge family and that’s OK!
DoreFan49
Chief

Post by DoreFan49 »

I dont think we need to take this as a definite rejection of consideration of Vanderbilt by Jaloni and the Cambridge family.
My guess is that these are 7 schools she has picked for her official visits. I have read that beginning July 1, the NCAA is allowing an unlimited number of official visits but only 1 to each school. 7 official visits is about all the Cambridge family can squeeze in between now and the signing date in November.

Jaloni and her family know full well what Vanderbilt has to offer in terms of academics and her opportunities for development. An education at one of the most prestigious universities along with being able to be developed by the proven coaches CSR, Tom, and player development director KLS has got to carry a lot of weight with the decision. Jaloni and her family do not need an official visit to Nashville to find this out. They already know full well what Vanderbilt has to offer. Hopefully the official visits will lead them to the best decision for Jaloni.
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

Locked Previous topicNext topic