Georgia or LSU?

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

shelbz75
Rear Admiral

Georgia or LSU?

Post by shelbz75 »

Who would you rather play and who do you think will win that game?

Part of me wants another crack at LSU and I think our guys and Stack want it as well from listening to the Commodore Hour the other night. I however wouldn't mind playing Georgia due to the length that LSU has defensively, I felt like that bothered us in the first matchup and Georgia does not have that. Just thought I might bring it up.

BWSeven
Chief

Re: Georgia or LSU?

Post by BWSeven »

LSU without a doubt. Won't erase a bad loss but would help build our case for a tourney invite.
Foreverhopeful
Rear Admiral

Post by Foreverhopeful »

I'm on the fence. I agree about the length- especially without Liam. I think we can beat either team and I hope we do!
OldDude
Vice Admiral

Post by OldDude »

shelbz75 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:02 am Who would you rather play and who do you think will win that game?

Part of me wants another crack at LSU and I think our guys and Stack want it as well from listening to the Commodore Hour the other night. I however wouldn't mind playing Georgia due to the length that LSU has defensively, I felt like that bothered us in the first matchup and Georgia does not have that. Just thought I might bring it up.
Agree, would rather face GA. GA rebounds a little better and VU, GA and LSU are pretty much even in FG% but
we didn't seem to match up well with LSU physically. Hope the GA / LSU game goes 10 overtimes.
shelbz75
Rear Admiral

Post by shelbz75 »

Agree, either way I hope the game is close so either side cant rest. Us blowing out UGA last year and being able to play a ton of guys helped in the game vs Alabama and even the game vs UK which was close for a majority of the game.
GoheenFan88
Vice Admiral

Post by GoheenFan88 »

I feel better about Georgia. Don’t like LSU’s length. Here’s to a close hard fought game between them tonight.
mathguy
Rear Admiral

Post by mathguy »

LSU was clearly a matchup problem for us ... and that was with Liam.

Would rather face UGA.

And if the UGA-LSU game could go into 6 overtimes, that would be just great too.
dcdore
Admiral

Post by dcdore »

Maybe there will be a bench clearing resulting in all starters for both teams ejected for the next game.

Edit: Why don't we just play our game and beat whoever shows up???
Always hopeful; rarely optimistic. @GAD
A32Win
Ensign

Post by A32Win »

LSU has only won one game since the calendar turned to 2023. That was against Vandy who was in the middle of winning 8 out of 9 against better opponents. Go figure!

Meanwhile, Georgia has lost five in a row down the stretch since beating LSU 65-63 on Valentine's Day.

The odds makers have LSU as a 2 1/2 - 3 Pt favorite in tonight's game but I think that the Bulldogs will take the game. Georgia has nine players who average 18 minutes per game and they will try and suppress Williams as he is their only real threat.
mathguy
Rear Admiral

Post by mathguy »

dcdore wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:51 pm
Edit: Why don't we just play our game and beat whoever shows up???
This is only the last resort. Before that we should try...

1) Slipping a positive COVID test into the LSU locker room and let them figure out whose it is

2) Making them a huge Turkey dinner before game time so they are all a little logey.

3) Scattering some legos on the locker room floor so they step on them and limp around in pain.

4) Send an email to the coach telling them the wrong time for tip off to see if they forfeit.

If none of that works, *then* we can go out and just beat the snot out of them.
bornadore57
Lieutenant

Post by bornadore57 »

Just win, Baby!!!
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Watching this game, if we show up at all we should beat either. Both teams have sucked. Now tomorrow we may face the second coming of the Globetrotters.
bernstml19
Lieutenant

Post by bernstml19 »

I still don’t like the lsu matchup … no they cannot shoot but they play big and mean. not a good matchup for us.
VirginiaDore
Ensign

Post by VirginiaDore »

Like it or not, it’s LSU.
vutrain
Commander

Post by vutrain »

And LSU had to play a game tonight while 1.5 miles away their tomorrow night opponent was resting.
shelbz75
Rear Admiral

Post by shelbz75 »

Will be a tough matchup but I do believe we will be motivated to get some revenge. Have to do good on the boards and limit second chances for them.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

LSU beat us and I suspect we have examined that game closely and most critically. Let us hope we learned what we can do differently to win this time.
docdore
Vice Admiral

Post by docdore »

hopefully williams won’t have another career night….and no other tiger does either.
nyyankeeDore
Captain

Post by nyyankeeDore »

charlestonalum wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:44 am LSU beat us and I suspect we have examined that game closely and most critically. Let us hope we learned what we can do differently to win this time.
With the notable exception of Alabama, Vanderbilt has performed better in the second game against opponents that they have played twice. Jerry Stackhouse supposedly is regarded as a very good Xs and Os coach by his peers. He needs to put those skills to work tonight.
'23 '27 '28 '32 '36 '37 '38 '39 '41
'43 '47 '49 '50 '51 '52 '53 '56 '58
'61 '62 '77 '78' '96 '98 '99 '00 '09
VU#
Jason94
Admiral

Post by Jason94 »

nyyankeeDore wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:12 am
charlestonalum wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:44 am LSU beat us and I suspect we have examined that game closely and most critically. Let us hope we learned what we can do differently to win this time.
With the notable exception of Alabama, Vanderbilt has performed better in the second game against opponents that they have played twice. Jerry Stackhouse supposedly is regarded as a very good Xs and Os coach by his peers. He needs to put those skills to work tonight.
Is that because of the adjustments or because we are clearly playing much better than we did earlier in the season?
Locked Previous topicNext topic