The key to the W

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Lynchsr
Captain

The key to the W

Post by Lynchsr »

To me the biggest play in the final 3 minutes of the game was Thomas’s steal which led to the easy basket by Lawrence. Lawrence drove to the basket and missed(fouled but no call) the layup. He went down on the court and got up and started complaining to ref. Auburn had gotten the rebound and was trying to push it up in transition knowing they had a man advantage with Lawrence down behind the play. Thomas steps up at half court to stop the ball and in doing so was in position to jump up and intercept the Auburn pass up court. Thomas then threw it ahead to Lawrence who was still back at the free throw line and got the easy dunk out of it. This was a HUGE play and kudos to Thomas’s defensive effort.

Thomas has gotten slammed for his defensive liabilities on this board over the years, but he deserves some praise for that key play. Also I see it as an example of Thomas’s player development under CJS.

UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Re: The key to the W

Post by UltimateVUFan »

He led the team with 3 steals last night. I’ve been high on his play most of the season. He also protects the ball very well. I know he is outsized on many occasions, but he is scrappy and fights hard. I think all of these factors are a big part of why Stack trusts him.
oakparkDore
Vice Admiral

Re: The key to the W

Post by oakparkDore »

He stole it again on the next possession, though it just led to a couple missed threes (one by him). Regardless, clutch plays in the closing minutes.
Locked Previous topicNext topic