dumb question...

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

VUinFL
Commander

dumb question...

Post by VUinFL »

why are we playing Alabama again?

vandylifer
Lieutenant

Re: dumb question...

Post by vandylifer »

Not a dumb question . . . every team has three "permanent" teams that we play home/away each season (ours are Tennessee, Kentucky & Florida) which equals 6 games out of the 18 conference games. That leaves 12 games to schedule from the remaining 10 conference teams. A team "rotates" through those 10 teams each year picking up 2 more teams for home/away games. That leaves 8 teams of which you play four on the road and four at home. This year our two of the ten for home/away are South Carolina & Alabama. Last year it was Georgia and South Carolina. Picking up Alabama was just the "luck" of the rotational draw. That explanation might not be exact, but it's pretty close.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Re: dumb question...

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

The thing I don't understand is the rotation the SEC has been using for the last few years in their scheduling. I still remember the old days when the SEC had the round robin schedule and you played everyone in the league once before playing anyone again. I'm not suggesting that the SEC go back to the round robin (as much as I loved it)--those days are gone. But we literally played Alabama two weeks ago--you'd think we could get a little more spacing in the league slate.
Locked Previous topicNext topic