Stack gets a contract extension

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Stack gets a contract extension

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

I wasn't expecting that quite yet...

https://vucommodores.com/stackhouse-sig ... extension/

Vandy187187
Rear Admiral

Re: Stack gets a contract extension

Post by Vandy187187 »

Color me optimistic with Coach Stack. I like the improvement and the shift in strategy to defense first. I think this year we really see how scrappy a program we have become in the SEC. I wish we had 1 or 2 more shooters but it is clear that we are a much better program than when Stack took over. Stack has had to learn on the job for sure, and now with the transfer portal it has really changed things at the same time. I think he's adjusted well and the program is in the right direction
frstev17
Captain

Post by frstev17 »

Praying for no injuries. After the past 5 seasons or so, their absence so far seems too good to be true.
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

So WHAT is the extension? Read the article 2 times never stated. Maybe I am blind lol....he is going into the 4th year of a six year contract.
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
DeefromAtlanta
Admiral

Post by DeefromAtlanta »

I'm glad he's here. He's solid, and from all outward appearances, is glad to be in Nashville. I hope this season proves successful. He deserves it.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

You know the VU administration is more secretive that the Russian government.
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

I would think recruits would want to know...I mean what the hell is there a reason to keep this secret?
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
nyyankeeDore
Captain

Post by nyyankeeDore »

Nashmann wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:32 pm I would think recruits would want to know...I mean what the hell is there a reason to keep this secret?
Unless he signed a nondisclosure agreement (very unlikely), Coach Stackhouse can tell recruits whatever he wants regarding the terms of his contract.
'23 '27 '28 '32 '36 '37 '38 '39 '41
'43 '47 '49 '50 '51 '52 '53 '56 '58
'61 '62 '77 '78' '96 '98 '99 '00 '09
VU#
Commodoredave
Rear Admiral

Post by Commodoredave »

I think the program is slowly turning back, but I just don't get this. 3 years, one mediocre season and two bad ones, and we're picked 12th in the SEC this year. Talk about taking advantage of a low bar.
Doreknox
Admiral

Post by Doreknox »

Not sure why the urgency to re-up CJS right now, aside from reassuring recruits. Who else is conceivably coming after him? I would have rather VU waited to see how the season goes without Pippen before committing to more years with him.
Hutch37
Commander

Post by Hutch37 »

my agent buddy told me years ago that if you don't extend that it gets used against you in recruiting. At the time I was mad about the extension for Derek Mason...
I understand the disbelief when you look at his record but put me in the camp that thinks that CJS is building something here and we are better off putting all our eggs in his basket for now. Yes it could be a bad bet but am I the only one that can see the momentum? I think we are a borderline bubble team this year. CJS demands toughness and this team is going to be the closest so far to his desired playing style. Yes there are plenty of questions but we are headed in the right direction , even though it's a little slower than hoped
underdog74
Vice Admiral

Post by underdog74 »

I think this is a good move to create stability and consistency. Stack will continue to build this program into hopefully a contender. Recruiting continues to be strong.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Nashmann wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:32 pm I would think recruits would want to know...I mean what the hell is there a reason to keep this secret?
You can bet the recruits know the extent of the extension.
Last edited by charlestonalum on Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LawoftheWest
Vice Admiral

Post by LawoftheWest »

I say good for Stack; good for Vandy; and good for recruiting. I think the length of the contract will soon be known.

I believe he is the real deal coach who will lead us into the future. The recruits want to know who they will be playing for, even as college sports has been disrupted by the portal and NIL.
MemorialMagic
Rear Admiral

Post by MemorialMagic »

I'm all for it, but I'd like to see Stack out and about more in the community. The tailgate in Vandyville was a start. Would like to see more of that. Speak at more events. Go on the radio more.
Locked Previous topicNext topic