How Many Have Canceled season Tix?

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

cjdore
Fleet Admiral

How Many Have Canceled season Tix?

Post by cjdore »

I will start this thread. After the protocols were announced yesterday I canceled my 2 season tix.

badgerbike
Petty Officer

Re: How Many Have Canceled season Tix?

Post by badgerbike »

Why? Because you don't believe in the importance of this vaccination in stopping the spread of a deadly virus or because you don't like being told what to do?
cjdore
Fleet Admiral

Post by cjdore »

badgerbike wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:50 pm Why? Because you don't believe in the importance of this vaccination in stopping the spread of a deadly virus or because you don't like being told what to do?
None of your business really but apparently you are keeping your seats......looking for other cancelations.
OldDude
Vice Admiral

Post by OldDude »

I am not upset about the vaccine mandate and, despite the inconvenience, I think the rationale is there. I am still POd about the digital only tickets and had complained about that to department before the Covid protocol announced. I will give things a chance , but the increasingly complicated and surely time consuming procedure may be the final straw. Currently pushing 60 years as a somewhat psychologically disturbed VU basketball fan and close to 50 as season ticket holder but, this year may sadly be my last - hope not.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

I've seen and heard more complaints on digital tickets than life-saving/pandemic-ending shots.
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

I have not cancelled but should consider it as a possible "last straw" after the price of each of my Section 3H seats went from $175 to $300.

I do, however, know of a long-time Football and Men's Basketball usher who was not allowed to work games unless he wanted to be subjected to a test prior to each event. He attended at least one football game this season (I gave him my tickets), but will not go to a basketball game at Memorial unless the rule is changed.

So you can add one VU fan to your list, cjdore.

Personally, I ain't afraid of no virus. I had one of those horrible diseases listed in another thread and lived through it. (The vaccine was developed after I was.) I work with and around a lot of people every day and, I guess, I've been lucky. But I am not going to let this virus control me.

If I had never gotten the Wuhan Virus* vaccinations, I would not take a test every time I wanted to go to a basketball game. My insurance company might pay for the test, but it should not be required to do so. It's certainly an elective procedure in this case.

But to make badgerbike feel safe about riding the elevator with me if his seats are also in 3G-3K, he should know that I HAVE BEEN VACCINATED. My daughter lives in Italy and the only way I can see my grandchildren in person is to get the vaccine. So I did it.

Ciao!

*Before you jump all over me and claim "Fake News," I will tell you that prior to moving to Italy my daughter lived in Communist China. All He]] broke lose about the last weekend in January 2020. Her family was returning from a visa run to South Korea and every airline passenger (and then every passenger in every vehicle leaving the freeways) was grilled and documented as to whether he had been to Wuhan recently. The 45-minute trip home from the airport took over 10 hours because of the massive roadblock.

Coincidence? I don't think so.
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

The Preds have changed and lifted their vac mandates. Are they wrong? Did they not seek medical advice?
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
VUaskew
Vice Admiral

Post by VUaskew »

This is one sad little post....
cc11316
Rear Admiral

Post by cc11316 »

badgerbike wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:50 pm Why? Because you don't believe in the importance of this vaccination in stopping the spread of a deadly virus or because you don't like being told what to do?
I think CJDore answered with a noneya biz but I'm very open that I am in the camp of not like being told what to do. I did my time in the service and worked for the gov't for years and I value my freedom and rights as a citizen very much. Good luck convincing me this move is for personal safety.

I typically go to about 8-10 games a year but don't hold season tics any longer. I won't be going while they have this restriction but will be just fine watching from home on my TV or computer. No ill will towards Vandy at all as I'll support them no matter what - just not in person.
Last edited by cc11316 on Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thefan
Captain

Post by thefan »

Maybe he doesn't want a blood clot or a heart attack!
CrimeDore
Captain

Post by CrimeDore »

cjdore wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:02 pm
None of your business really but apparently you are keeping your seats......looking for other cancelations.
Seems ridiculous to bring up this topic / complain about the policy and then say it’s none of his business when he asks you while you don’t like it.
Starkiller
Commander

Post by Starkiller »

Yes, I have a cousin who cancelled his tickets after decades of having tickets. He did it a few months ago because he didn’t want to go into an enclosed gym during a pandemic…

That’s what you’re looking for, right?
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

I'm vaccinated (and boostered). And I can sympathize with the libertarian "the government or _______ (insert name of any person or organization) can't tell me what to do" vibe. But giving up season tickets for THIS reason alone smacks of the Chick-Fil-A boycotts, the movement of the baseball all-star game from Atlanta, etc. actions. It seems to me to be misplaced high-horseness. A (name the response) doesn't solve, or negate, or have much really to do with B (name the sin). If there's a legit reason not to get the vaccine, that's a different issue.
Last edited by geeznotagain on Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
badgerbike
Petty Officer

Post by badgerbike »

My ultimate point is you're either a true fan or you're not. These expectations are focused on the health and safety of everyone and it is truly a small price to pay to support these young men - not to mention, helping to keep everyone around you as safe and healthy as possible.

What I don't like is the holier than thou attitude - what ever happened to the basic values of serving/helping/supporting others? It's not all about you - we are all in this together. The vaccine is safe and if you cannot get it for health reasons, then you have the option of testing. I applaud the University for not kowtowing to those that think they either know more than 99% of the scientists in the world or are just stubborn you know whats.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

If it is none of our business, then why should anyone answer your question? Just wondering. Seems it might also be none of YOUR business too!
Jason94
Admiral

Post by Jason94 »

badgerbike wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:22 am My ultimate point is you're either a true fan or you're not. These expectations are focused on the health and safety of everyone and it is truly a small price to pay to support these young men - not to mention, helping to keep everyone around you as safe and healthy as possible.

What I don't like is the holier than thou attitude - what ever happened to the basic values of serving/helping/supporting others? It's not all about you - we are all in this together. The vaccine is safe and if you cannot get it for health reasons, then you have the option of testing. I applaud the University for not kowtowing to those that think they either know more than 99% of the scientists in the world or are just stubborn you know whats.
Are we though? Why are threatening to fire the very front line workers who worked directly with the infected for the months prior to the availability of vaccines while the rest of us had the luxury of isolating ourselves because they don't get a vaccine? Why is there no consideration for those who have recovered from the virus as well and are no longer at any real risk of infection? Is that no longer a part of the science? My brother in law is a firefighter/EMT and was out there all last year and has tested positive for antibodies, My entire family got positive tests for coronavirus a year ago and all have recent positive antibody results. How in the world are any more of a risk to anyone else on this, and why should we be required to get tested prior to every game when those who are vaccinate do not require it?

I do not appreciate your characterizations based on knowing nothing about me that I am a "stubborn you know what", "not a true fan", or "holiler than thou". And you wonder why we are not all in this together? I've encouraged family who hadn't recovered from the virus to get vaccinated, have masked when not sick at all when asked to, and have respected the personal decisions of those around me and certainly don't appreciate having either my fandom or character attacked from someone who has zero idea of what my personal risk analysis might be.
historybill
Admiral

Post by historybill »

I'm going to see Emmylou Harris in concert in November and my wife and I have to have proof of vaccination to go.

Just FYI.

Also... do remember that George Washington required the entire freaking Continental Army go get the smallpox vaccination. I learned this in my American Military history class at Vanderbilt University's Navy ROTC program in the mid 1980s.

Oh, and speaking of the ROTC program, we all had to get between 5 and 8 vaccinations in advance of our summer "cruises." I got so many shots before my trip to Subic Bay, Philippines, that I went back to my dorm and slept for about 16 hours straight.

I'm with Emmylou and General Washington.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

geeznotagain wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:59 pm Chick-Fil-A boycotts
Fried foods are high in fat, calories, and often salt. Studies, including one published in 2014, have linked fried foods to serious health problems like type 2 diabetes and heart disease including a heightened risk of stroke and heart attack and increased risk of said cardiovascular disease.
cjdore
Fleet Admiral

Post by cjdore »

commadore wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:31 am
If it is none of our business, then why should anyone answer your question? Just wondering. Seems it might also be none of YOUR business too!
Ok you insist so here goes. This vaccine is still experimental and continues to fail. Check Israel with almost 95% vaccination with Pfizer and yet Covid survives. Closer to home, I have 2 friends, one got the J&J and one got the moderna......both now have Covid! Furthermore, do not get me started with masks. These paper and cloth masks that are not M95 masks are not so dense that they can even block a very small virus.
FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Post by FayetteDore »

cjdore wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:36 pm I will start this thread. After the protocols were announced yesterday I canceled my 2 season tix.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 9.31.26 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 9.31.26 AM.png (27.58 KiB) Viewed 11512 times
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
Locked Previous topicNext topic