Soccer needs your support

Fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodores Soccer Team.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

admin
Site Admin

Soccer needs your support

Post by admin »

I know a lot of your could care less about soccer. But you do care about Vanderbilt and winning. These women are 13-1 with just 4 regular games remaining. South Carolina is in 2nd place behind Vandy. If the Commodores win on Friday night they will likely win the regular season title. Let's get out and support these women on Friday night. Admission is free. They have concession stands just like at football games but a shorter wait. You can bring your children or grandchildren and have some low cost fun with them. Traffic is light as well (after the game). The soccer stadium is behind McGugin Center. Go around the left side of McGugin to access. 500 Anchor Down T-shirts will be given out to fans.

Vanderbilt vs. South Carolina 7 pm Friday
SEC soccer standings.png
SEC soccer standings.png (25.05 KiB) Viewed 4582 times

-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
DoreZag
Captain

Re: Soccer needs your support

Post by DoreZag »

I'll be at the game Friday night. Driving up from Tampa to visit my daughter (Sophomore) for the weekend. The Dores are now ranked 12th in the country. The Gamecocks are ranked a few spots higher. First 500 fans get a free t-shirt! Hope the weather holds up.
secchamp
Lieutenant

Post by secchamp »

My family will be there! As a former player, I am excited for this team and the future of the program. Coach Ambrose has done an excellent job bringing them back up to the top of the SEC!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Great to hear you guys are gonna be there. Hope some more take an evening to support Vandy soccer.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

at the risk of annoying or even ruining the hypercritical posters on the football thread I posted the same thing: you want to see a winner and a great coach and a great Vanderbilt team - then go see the #12 (#1 SEC) team play the #9 (#2 SEC) team in probably the biggest match in soccer history at VU tonight. Wish I could be there. Free T shirts and free tickets and plenty of parking.

https://vucommodores.com/news/2018/10/1 ... tchup.aspx
Locked Previous topicNext topic