No ky

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BWestbrook
Rear Admiral

No ky

Post by BWestbrook »

And A&M is a three, tough bracket with A&M as a three.

ANCHORDOWN1
Rear Admiral

Re: No ky

Post by ANCHORDOWN1 »

BWestbrook wrote:And A&M is a three, tough bracket with A&M as a three.
Seems that they really hated those 13-17 conference records (the chair basically said so on TV). I don't think that's fair at all because someone needs to finish under .500 even if every team in a conference is tournament-worthy.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

ANCHORDOWN1 wrote:
Seems that they really hated those 13-17 conference records (the chair basically said so on TV). I don't think that's fair at all because someone needs to finish under .500 even if every team in a conference is tournament-worthy.
It boils down to a crappy schedule, three straight losses to us, and getting booted from the SEC Tourney early. From what I saw, I wasn't impressed.
AtrumEtAureum
Vice Admiral

Post by AtrumEtAureum »

commadore wrote:
ANCHORDOWN1 wrote:
It boils down to a crappy schedule, three straight losses to us, and getting booted from the SEC Tourney early. From what I saw, I wasn't impressed.
Their schedule was 25th in the country, and they had 16 top 50 RPI wins, including series wins against Texas Tech, Auburn (who swept Vandy), and Georgia. And they also swept the Shriner's Classic, something Vandy couldn't do. Using conference record sucks for SEC teams, as mathematically, the conference record for all 14 teams has to end up at .500. This will leave out some good teams for the sake of keeping the SEC/ACC from overwhelming the tournament with numbers.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

What was the out of conference SOS?
roanoke
Admiral

Post by roanoke »

I think they should have gotten in -

but 13-17 is not a great conference record - and they were 13-18 including the tourney game.

They also closed out losing 5 of 6 too. It was probably a perfect storm for them with so many other SEC teams in. Still, they won a lot of games - and played a lot of good teams.
Levon
Rear Admiral

Post by Levon »

I wonder if Moorhead got KY's spot by winning the OVC tourney title forcing the committee to take 48-win Tenn Tech at large? Moorhead would have to love knocking the Cats out!
Commodoredave
Rear Admiral

Post by Commodoredave »

KY had a good team, but they had some injuries and really faded down the stretch. They were 5-5 in conference series, and I thought they deserved the nod over TAM who went 3-7 on weekend series, but TAM jumped them in the SEC tourney by winning three over teams that were solidly in.
Locked Previous topicNext topic