Bracketology

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

GooseJones15
Lieutenant

Bracketology

Post by GooseJones15 »

College baseball Bracketology has us a 9 seed in the latest release.

Good2BGold
Vice Admiral

Re: Bracketology

Post by Good2BGold »

GooseJones15 wrote:College baseball Bracketology has us a 9 seed in the latest release.
Do you mean they have us as the ninth seed overall? Can you provide the link?
Commodoredave
Rear Admiral

Post by Commodoredave »

VanDSIRROM
Admiral

Post by VanDSIRROM »

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/bas ... acketology

This shows VU hosting a Regional (#9) with North Carolina, TN Tech, & St. Louis participating.
"For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name--He marks--not that you won or lost--but how you played the game." Grantland Rice, VU Alumnus

@AD @AD @AD @AD
Commodoredave
Rear Admiral

Post by Commodoredave »

What I'm realizing is that we are just one of 15 teams that has a lot of interesting pieces, yet has many flaws. We may ultimately have an upper hand on some because we are playing so many freshmen who are improving, but that's just one way of looking at it. Others could say that experience will win out in June.

Florida is clearly elite. After that there are probably a handful of 3-4 teams with a small gap on the field such as Arkansas and Stanford, maybe Ole MS but their bullpen looked bad Sunday. Then 15 teams in the mix for first round hosting. Where I'm going with that is that we see the good, bad, and ugly of VU because we (I) watch most of the games. When I see a bad bullpen, I think no way we are the #6 team, but I think most of the other second tier teams have holes as we saw with the Ole MS bullpen. When I see Austin Martin, Clark, Duvall, and Gillis stepping up on Sunday, I think they are young guys who are turning a corner, but I suppose many other teams have guys doing the same thing.

Bottom line is that I will be happy to host. If we can win a Regional, it will be a good year. If we can make it to Omaha, it's a wonderful indicator of a team ready to compete for the big trophy in 19 & 20.
Good2BGold
Vice Admiral

Post by Good2BGold »

VanDSIRROM wrote:http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/bas ... acketology

This shows VU hosting a Regional (#9) with North Carolina, TN Tech, & St. Louis participating.
Not sure we would want to be in a regional with Tennessee Tech.
vutrain
Commander

Post by vutrain »

Good2BGold wrote:

Tenn Tech has a good record but who have they played? Most impressive turn was two wins over W. Va. (RPI #30.)
Good2BGold
Vice Admiral

Post by Good2BGold »

vutrain wrote:
Good2BGold wrote:

Tenn Tech has a good record but who have they played? Most impressive turn was two wins over W. Va. (RPI #30.)
They lead the nation in hitting (.361) by almost 40 points over the second-place team. They're also first in home runs with 82 (Arkansas and Kentucky are tied for second with 58), runs scored with 393 (65 more than the second-place team), slugging percentage with a .646 mark (119 points higher than the second-place team), and on base percentage with a mark of .457. They are an offensive machine. They're ranked No. 21 in the Collegiate Baseball poll this week and are No. 26 in the NCBWA poll, which presents a Top 30.

But you're right, they haven't played many Power 5 schools. We'll get to see how good they are firsthand two weeks from today.
zhanglini
Commander

Post by zhanglini »

they don't need to be that good, to beat Vandy mid-week
@AD
sidewalkdore
Commander

Post by sidewalkdore »

Depends on who pitches for us.
Locked Previous topicNext topic