NILs

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

dore74
Vice Admiral

NILs

Post by dore74 »

Here’s an article ranking football NILs.

https://www.on3.com/nil/rankings/player ... /football/

Can’t speak to its credibility. Nevertheless, while it makes sense, it blew me away. That’s a lot of money.

These kids are earning the money so god bless ‘em. On the other hand, really does give one pause to think about the mission of colleges and the semi-pro nature of big time athletics.

Given all the changes in conferences, I wonder if one day conferences or divisions will be formed on the amount of NIL per program?

jpmando
Commander

Re: NILs

Post by jpmando »

A sad commentary on our modern world. Profit above all else.

Let's do away with any reference to "student-athlete" once and for all. It is way past time.
docdore
Vice Admiral

Post by docdore »

it's sort of surprising that georgia has only three players on this list, with their highest (brock bowers) being #40.
vandy05
Vice Admiral

Post by vandy05 »

I'd offer that being a student-athlete isn't incompatible with earning large NIL dollars. I wouldn't be willing to wager that a large NIL deal makes these guys more prone to being a bad student.
Versus75
Admiral

Notice so many transfers among the top ...

Post by Versus75 »

... NIL guys.

Did Bo Nix sign a long-term advertising deal with Billy Bob's used cars in Auburn, Alabama?

Caleb Williams might have been shilling for Burger King in Oklahoma before signing the Wendy's deal in southern California.

Do Travis Hunter and Shedeur Sanders "carpool" in Deion's private jet to go back to Jackson, Mississippi for autograph sessions?

And how often does Spencer Rattler return to Norman for the oil barons kids' birthday parties?

Meanwhile, they all have new deals at their new digs.

If my company signs a player to an NIL contract, one of the contingencies will be that he continues to play for Vanderbilt.
commadore
Admiral

Re: Notice so many transfers among the top ...

Post by commadore »

Versus75 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:45 pm ... NIL guys.

Did Bo Nix sign a long-term advertising deal with Billy Bob's used cars in Auburn, Alabama?

Caleb Williams might have been shilling for Burger King in Oklahoma before signing the Wendy's deal in southern California.

Do Travis Hunter and Shedeur Sanders "carpool" in Deion's private jet to go back to Jackson, Mississippi for autograph sessions?

And how often does Spencer Rattler return to Norman for the oil barons kids' birthday parties?

Meanwhile, they all have new deals at their new digs.

If my company signs a player to an NIL contract, one of the contingencies will be that he continues to play for Vanderbilt.
Bo Nix DID sign a big deal with Milo's. Caused such a stir with the Alabama fans they had to sign the Alabama QB as well.
Locked Previous topicNext topic