2023 season - The major college football swan song of …

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MikenNashville
Captain

2023 season - The major college football swan song of …

Post by MikenNashville »

Regional conferences and the last remnants of the amateur student athlete in football and probably basketball. I, for one, will soak up as many CFB games that I can this season. Change is going to happen so might as well enjoy what we have now and wait and see what comes next. @AD

BrentVU
Site Admin

Re: 2023 season - The major college football swan song of …

Post by BrentVU »

It's also the last season for the SEC East. Vanderbilt has never won it in the 31 seasons it has been in existence, and this will be its final opportunity. (Kentucky hasn't either.)
VUgearhead
Rear Admiral

Post by VUgearhead »

I personally am looking forward to the formation of the Magnolia League (finally!)
mtnvandy
Captain

Post by mtnvandy »

For me, the 10 team SEC of my days @ VU in the 80a ( and well before) was ideal. I wasn’t too upset by the SC/Ark additions. I WAS upset about Mizz/TxA&M.

The Tx/Okla addition is RIDICULOUS.

There will inevitably be a fracturing of this monstrosity -perhaps after it grows even more unweidy (Clemson/FSU?)

What I am curious about us WHAT will lead to the defections. Money is the obvoous choice. But could it be scheduling? Travel?

What I hear ZERO about in the media is the negative effect the added travel has on student athletes and their families.

I was never a Magnolia League fan, but perhaps its time haa arrived.

MtnVandy
Locked Previous topicNext topic