Per the Draft Tracker

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

commadore
Admiral

Per the Draft Tracker

Post by commadore »

Signees:
Maxwell Clark: $7,700,000 with slot value of $8,340,000
George Lombard: $3,300,000 with slot of $3,070,000

Players:
Enrique Bradfield: $4,170,000 with slot value of $4,170,000
Hunter Owen: $631,700 with slot of $634,200
Patrick Reilly: $455,600 with slot of $444,600

Rest either haven't signed yet or it isn't yet reported.

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Re: Per the Draft Tracker

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

FWIW Aria Gerson is reporting that all current Vandy player draftees have signed except Grayson Moore.
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:21 pm FWIW Aria Gerson is reporting that all current Vandy player draftees have signed except Grayson Moore.
Ask her about recruits Alex Clemmey ($1.40 million slot value) and Thomas White ($2.42 million). Perhaps they want to play two or three years for the 'Dores and move up to the big money in the first round.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:21 pm FWIW Aria Gerson is reporting that all current Vandy player draftees have signed except Grayson Moore.
May be, but they are not yet showing on Draft Tracker. Even now.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

commadore wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:13 pm
May be, but they are not yet showing on Draft Tracker. Even now.
It can take the draft tracker a while to be updated. For instance, the draft tracker as of this hour is showing Grayson Moore and Thomas Schultz as unsigned, but if I look at Thomas Schultz' profile page on the same website (https://www.mlb.com/player/thomas-schul ... &year=2023), it says he signed on the 12th, as does the Nationals' transactions page.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

And apparently Grayson Moore has also signed, according to his MLB profile page: https://www.mlb.com/player/grayson-moor ... &year=2023.
HarpoMarx
Ensign

Post by HarpoMarx »

I had read last week that Schultz had signed for $20,000. Slot value was $185,500. Hmmm...
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

ImageLots of players, even high value ones, are signing considerably under slot value this year.
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

MLB Draft Tracker now shows all the drafted Vanderbilt players have signed.

Nothing yet on White or Clemmey.

(how do I enter a Fingers-Crossed emoji?)
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Versus75 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:53 am MLB Draft Tracker now shows all the drafted Vanderbilt players have signed.

Nothing yet on White or Clemmey.

(how do I enter a Fingers-Crossed emoji?)
I don't know, but I'm holding my breath. That last day will be key.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Clemmey signed today.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:55 pm Clemmey signed today.
He signed for 2.3 million with a slot value of 1.4. Guess they were serious.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

And Thomas White signs, meaning that all Vandy players and commits who were drafted have now signed.
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

There’s got to be a way to handle this whole commit/draft/sign process that treats the colleges more fairly.
katmai
Rear Admiral

Post by katmai »

geeznotagain wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:54 pm There’s got to be a way to handle this whole commit/draft/sign process that treats the colleges more fairly.
That's not really MLB's problem, and I think the 3 year wait if they don't sign out of high school is a huge gift to the colleges. The way it is set up now, if your recruits are drafted in the first 10 rounds, that is an almost certain signal that they will sign, because clubs don't want to waste those picks and lose the draft allotment on players they aren't pretty certain that they can sign.
OldDude
Vice Admiral

Post by OldDude »

katmai wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:43 am
geeznotagain wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:54 pm There’s got to be a way to handle this whole commit/draft/sign process that treats the colleges more fairly.
That's not really MLB's problem, and I think the 3 year wait if they don't sign out of high school is a huge gift to the colleges. The way it is set up now, if your recruits are drafted in the first 10 rounds, that is an almost certain signal that they will sign, because clubs don't want to waste those picks and lose the draft allotment on players they aren't pretty certain that they can sign.
In most situations then are colleges smarter to not waste time on these top level hs recruits ? (serious question)
Junnah
Commander

Post by Junnah »

That’s a good question.
It seems there’s always been a zone at which the chances of landing a prospect, on either side (school or MLB), fall off. When colleges secure one of these players who go the less expected route after being drafted in a high round (Beede, Alvarez for example) it can be a real advantage so it’s hard to imagine college coaches aren’t going to try.
I’m curious to see how NIL shifts that zone. I could see aggressive college programs picking off a few players each year, “keeping them” in the fold with comp that pushes the lower boundary of the zone up toward the higher rounds.
OldDude
Vice Admiral

Post by OldDude »

Junnah wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:53 pm That’s a good question.
It seems there’s always been a zone at which the chances of landing a prospect, on either side (school or MLB), fall off. When colleges secure one of these players who go the less expected route after being drafted in a high round (Beede, Alvarez for example) it can be a real advantage so it’s hard to imagine college coaches aren’t going to try.
I’m curious to see how NIL shifts that zone. I could see aggressive college programs picking off a few players each year, “keeping them” in the fold with comp that pushes the lower boundary of the zone up toward the higher rounds.
Thanks - good food for thought. NIL dollars from schools with deep pockets could well begin to challenge the lower level draft dollars. No wonder college coaches get gray hair early.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

And when they offer $2.3 million on a slot value if $1.4, we aren't going to get many of those.
dcdore
Admiral

Post by dcdore »

commadore wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:03 pm
And when they offer $2.3 million on a slot value if $1.4, we aren't going to get many of those.
Or $4.2mm on a slot value of $2.4mm.
Always hopeful; rarely optimistic. @GAD
Locked Previous topicNext topic