Four-Year Scholarship Chart

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Four-Year Scholarship Chart

Post by MikeADore »

I decided to attempt creation of a four-year scholarship chart mostly as a reference for myself, but I also thought some of you might enjoy it. Mainly, it just charts the upcoming rosters. Of course, it does not take into account possible transfers. There will probably be a few in or out in the coming years, but since there is no way to know who or when, I just ignore that. The exception is the ’24-’25 roster where we know Bella LaChance and Jordyn Oliver could possibly stay another year or move on after graduating. It’s purely a guess, but I think both could very well stay around for the extra season, so I included both as a possible 12th and 13th player on the roster.

This year’s roster has 13 players with Jordyn Cambridge the only player sure to leave at the end of the season. We already have a commitment from post player Trinity Wilson for next year, so that would keep us at 13 players, assuming LaChance and Oliver do stay. The big takeaway of that is this year’s and next year’s recruiting classes are likely to be quite small.

I wanted to make a separate thread in case anyone wants to comment. I’ll eventually add it to the recruiting rundown thread to make it easier to locate in the future.

Four-year Scholarship Chart

2023-24
1 (grad student) Jordyn Cambridge
2 + (senior) Bella LaChance
3 + (senior) Jordyn Oliver
4 (junior) Sacha Washington
5 (sophomore) Iyanna Moore
6 (sophomore) Ryanne Allen
7 (sophomore) Jada Brown
8 (sophomore) Justine Pissott
9 (freshman) Bailey Gilmore
10 (freshman) Madison Greene
11 (freshman) Agata Makurat
12 (freshman) Aiyana Mitchell
13 (freshman) Khamil Pierre

+ Means player could use extra year of eligibility in 2024-25 due to covid. This is the final season for the extra year of eligibility

2024-25
1 (sen) Sacha Washington
2 (jun) Iyanna Moore
3 (jun)) Ryanne Allen
4 (jun) Jada Brown
5 (jun) Justine Pissott
6 (soph) Bailey Gilmore
7 (soph) Madison Greene
8 (soph) Agata Makurat
9 (soph) Aiyana Mitchell
10 (soph) Khamil Pierre
11 (fr) Trinity Wilson

12 (covid year possible) Bella LaChance
13 (covid year possible) Jordyn Oliver

2025-26
1 (sr) Iyana Moore
2 (sr) Ryanne Allen
3 (sr) Jada Brown
4 (sr) Justine Pissott
5 (jr) Bailey Gilmore
6 (jr) Madison Greene
7 (jr) Agata Makurat
8 (jr) Aiyana Mitchell
9 (jr) Khamil Pierre
10 (soph) Trinity Wilson

2026-27
1 (sr) Bailey Gilmore
2 (sr) Madison Greene
3 (sr) Agata Makurat
4 (sr) Aiyana Mitchell
5 (sr) Khamil Pierre
6 (jr) Trinity Wilson

Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Re: Four-Year Scholarship Chart

Post by Ndorefin »

I may be incorrect, but, I don’t believe”Covid year” players are counted against the max.
abvandy
Rear Admiral

Post by abvandy »

Great list -- Thanks for putting this together.
One small nit - The VUCommodores website shows Iyana Moore as a junior this year.

CONQUER!!..., and PREVAIL!!!
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

abvandy wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:40 pm Great list -- Thanks for putting this together.
One small nit - The VUCommodores website shows Iyana Moore as a junior this year.

CONQUER!!..., and PREVAIL!!!
Yeah, I just decided to list them by basketball eligibility, which is all we really care about in this case. Iyana is a junior academically, but she missed last season with an injury, so she has three years left like a sophomore. Technically, I guess she is a redshirt junior. Another example is Jordyn Oliver. I list her as a senior this year to indicate she will have a grad year of eligibility after this season. Academically, she is already in grad school. Sorry if it is confusing.
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

Ndorefin wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:48 pm I may be incorrect, but, I don’t believe”Covid year” players are counted against the max.
Yeah, but I'm kind of foggy about the particulars of the rule. I remember something about grads (covid year players) not counting against the 15-player limit if they are "your" players. If that's the case, for instance, Bella LaChance would not count since she would be a Vandy player taking the extra year. Jordyn Oliver would count since she was brought in from outside the program. I could be wrong, but I think that's how it works.

I'm just guessing, but I think coach Ralph would like to keep the roster in the 12-14 range. Seems like it could be tough keeping more than that happy. Either way, after next season, the covid year goes away.
Locked Previous topicNext topic