Agata Makurat Has Arrived

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Agata Makurat Has Arrived

Post by MikeADore »

Translation of the above message from her mom, Marta, who is seen in the photo with her:

Your road to this place 🇺🇸✈️🏀 was long and winding 🤔

However, having a specific goal, everything seems much easier ☝

You always knew what you wanted and our job was only to help you fulfill your dreams, which you would put a lot of work to make them come true! ❤️👏🏻💪🏻😤

Today I wish you only to be healthy and happy, because then everything is possible ❤️ w🙏🏻💪🏻🙌🏻

I miss you already ❤️ ( oh these moms Już )

Seadog73
Admiral

Re: Agata Makurat Has Arrived

Post by Seadog73 »

Yay!! Welcome to Nashvegas!
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

Hope she is settling in quickly and not too home sick. The Makurats are a worldly family, and the daughters have lived in the U.S. and different spots in Europe while pursuing their basketball careers, so she can probably handle it better than most. Still, I can hardly imagine being 18 years old and suddenly finding yourself away from all friends and family in a new country. Lots of kids do it, though.

Still, I moved about 40 miles for college and missed my mommy (gimme a break, it was only for a day or two) h0414 Also nice to see Justine Pissott in the photo. Is New Jersey a foreign country? h0404 Yeah, I discovered the new smilies.

VandyJim
Chief

Post by VandyJim »

I cannot wait to see this team play. We have some talented new players, and if our injured guards return in full health, we should win 17 games this season and play more competitively against the elite schools in the conference. This is a huge year for this program.
DoreFan49
Chief

Post by DoreFan49 »

VandyJim wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:51 pm I cannot wait to see this team play. We have some talented new players, and if our injured guards return in full health, we should win 17 games this season and play more competitively against the elite schools in the conference. This is a huge year for this program.
I agree! We now have the best coaching staff and a quality roster to make some noise in the SEC. We have size, quick and penetrating guards, and the best 3 point shooters we've had in years.
Locked Previous topicNext topic