OT Bryce Drew story

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Seadog73
Admiral

OT Bryce Drew story

Post by Seadog73 »

So the Antelopes, coached by Bryce Drew, qualified for the NCAA. They arrive in Denver for their first round game. But none of their equipment, warm-ups, uniforms, etc. arrive.
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/baylors- ... -equipment

UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Re: OT Bryce Drew story

Post by UltimateVUFan »

“While the team claimed the airline failed to fly the equipment from Phoenix to Denver, that was not the case at all. The NCAA sent a memo out for scenarios where teams were chartered.
Because it was not through a commercial airline or terminal, each school was responsible for loading and unloading their gear on the plane. GCU did not read the memo too well.”

Sounds about right… :lol:
Foreverhopeful
Rear Admiral

Post by Foreverhopeful »

LOL. Clapping all the way.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

The defending WAC "champions" actually dropped basketball in the middle of the season and forfeited the rest of the schedule . The NCAA should have stripped the league of the automatic bid. Instead, they will allow the only for-profit outfit in d-1 sports to go.

#No Integrity
GoheenFan88
Vice Admiral

Post by GoheenFan88 »

Sounds about right.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

As I noted on Twitter, the wins failed to arrive in Vanderbilt's 2018-19 season, too.
dunc77
Ensign

Post by dunc77 »

UltimateVUFan wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:13 am “While the team claimed the airline failed to fly the equipment from Phoenix to Denver, that was not the case at all. The NCAA sent a memo out for scenarios where teams were chartered.
Because it was not through a commercial airline or terminal, each school was responsible for loading and unloading their gear on the plane. GCU did not read the memo too well.”

Sounds about right… :lol:
Maybe coach should have called a time out to read the memo?
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

Foreverhopeful wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:34 am LOL. Clapping all the way.
There are many reasons to cast asparagus at CBD, but his incessant clapping is way down the list. If you've ever paid attention to CSR on the women's sideline .....? Spot me, say, 25 claps and I'll take her in a head-to-head match with Bryce.
Foreverhopeful
Rear Admiral

Post by Foreverhopeful »

Exactly my point. All we had was the clapping....
[/quote]

There are many reasons to cast asparagus at CBD, but his incessant clapping is way down the list. If you've ever paid attention to CSR on the women's sideline .....? Spot me, say, 25 claps and I'll take her in a head-to-head match with Bryce.
[/quote]
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

Foreverhopeful wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:14 pm Exactly my point. All we had was the clapping....
[/quote]
[/quote]

So we can perhaps hypothesize that the number of actual victories and the number of sideline claps are negatively correlated?
VandyPhile
Rear Admiral

Post by VandyPhile »

So much asparagus! Keep your aspersions! Cast more asparagus! :D
cc11316
Rear Admiral

Post by cc11316 »

I hate when there's an article on xCBD as about 20 people have to comment on the clapping. I enjoy a good Chris Young is transferring joke as that is timeless but perhaps it's time to put the XCBD clapping thing to bed.
Seadog73
Admiral

Post by Seadog73 »

Are you serious? Chris is transferring? Where did you see that?
Doreknox
Admiral

Post by Doreknox »

[tweet][/tweet]
cc11316 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:35 pm I hate when there's an article on xCBD as about 20 people have to comment on the clapping. I enjoy a good Chris Young is transferring joke as that is timeless but perhaps it's time to put the XCBD clapping thing to bed.
Irk/Willis Wilson mentions never get old, either...
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

Seadog73 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:30 pm Are you serious? Chris is transferring? Where did you see that?
BethAnne Rhozhaski said it.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

I'm more unimpressed with the NCAA still allowing the WAC to have an auto-bid after the scandal of the defending champs caused them to drop basketball and forfeit the rest of the season than a goof-up of the bryce drew university equipment managers.
VandyManners
Lieutenant

Post by VandyManners »

geeznotagain wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:21 pm
Foreverhopeful wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:14 pm Exactly my point. All we had was the clapping....
[/quote]

When your 14 year old son sees anything related to Bryce Drew and still refers to him as "Mr. Clappy Hands," you know there is clapping problem. He was 10 when Bryce coached at Vandy and still remembers.
Locked Previous topicNext topic