Question about Dia

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Dsdore
Ensign

Question about Dia

Post by Dsdore »

With Dia getting zero playing time recently, do you think he is being targeted for a redshirt? What are the parameters for redshirting?

Jason94
Admiral

Re: Question about Dia

Post by Jason94 »

Dsdore wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:51 pm With Dia getting zero playing time recently, do you think he is being targeted for a redshirt? What are the parameters for redshirting?
I think it was something like you couldn't play more than 20% of the games, and he has already played 10, so is likely to have exceeded that number unless there were some sort of injury that has not been disclosed.

However, it seems like a redshirt season is something that is very highly unlikely to occur much anymore, and if suggested to most students, the result would be a transfer to another program. I think he should be playing ahead of Ansong, but Ansong didn't play the last game anyway. He is likely the victim of us having a deep frontcourt, and being the least polished shooter between him, Smith and Stute.
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

I hope Dia stays as he will get a ton of playing time next year. Still may get more time this year...
Last edited by Nashmann on Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Post by UltimateVUFan »

Nashmann wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:03 am I hope Dia stays as he will get a ton of playing tie next year. Still may get more time this year...
Definitely. And he is clearly still pretty “raw” in terms of skills, but he oozes potential with his athleticism and build. And he has flashed some solid foundational skills so far. I think the mental aspect of the game is where he needs more time, but once he gets that he will be very good.
Locked Previous topicNext topic