Another defensive player in the portal: LB Michael Mincey

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Another defensive player in the portal: LB Michael Mincey

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Mincey was a true freshman this past season and played in eight games, mostly on special teams.

https://247sports.com/college/vanderbil ... 186726088/

BILTMORE
Fleet Admiral

Re: Another defensive player in the portal: LB Michael Mincey

Post by BILTMORE »

What is going on at the LB position?
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

I am a little concerned with so many entering the portal and so very late!! What is going on? Love to hear what the staff's comments on this are....
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

Nashmann wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:48 pm I am a little concerned with so many entering the portal and so very late!! What is going on? Love to hear what the staff's comments on this are....
Mincey is actually the only one so far to go through the spring and then enter the portal. (Alston Orji evidently made his decision to leave the team back in the winter and did not participate in spring practice at all.)

As was noted in Robbie Weinstein's article, Vandy will have to figure out how to get down to 85 scholarships this fall, and this helps in that regard. 26 new guys are expected in the fall (including signees and transfers), and I count 63 scholarship players on the roster right now. Do the math. Unless more guys leave, some newcomers are going to have to grayshirt (report later and be counted against next year's class). NOTE: My numbers could be off slightly.
Seadog73
Admiral

Post by Seadog73 »

I think Andrew Paige from Beech HS in Goodlettsville is an announced and intended grayshirt. I am sure I have read there is at least one who signed intending to take that path.
BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

Seadog73 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:10 pm I think Andrew Paige from Beech HS in Goodlettsville is an announced and intended grayshirt. I am sure I have read there is at least one who signed intending to take that path.
I think Paige, Jameson Wharton, and Walter Taylor were all late signees with whom grayshirting was discussed. Their enrollment this fall depends on whether some other guys depart or not.
Locked Previous topicNext topic