Vandy Lance sighting

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

vandybl
Commander

Vandy Lance sighting

Post by vandybl »

As we were going to the game from the Natchez Trace parking lot, I saw someone who looked familiar. I asked him if he was Vandy Lance, and he said "Hell, yes". I am not sure if he was going to the basketball game or the baseball game, but he was headed to one of them. Said he was still a huge Vandy fan, despite the animosity of several years ago. His voice was still rasping but he looked good. I wish he were still sitting behind the opposing team's bench. Go Vandy!

dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Re: Vandy Lance sighting

Post by dallasdore »

No kidding???? Love Lance, and that family. I wish they would stick around.
vutrain
Commander

Post by vutrain »

As I was heading to the game tonight, he got in his truck in the parking lot and drove away. I waved at him and he waved back.

He was at the baseball game on Sunday. He sat in section "H" over the Vandy dugout. We talked for a few, He did not stay for the game or at least not in that seat.
MemorialMagic
Rear Admiral

Post by MemorialMagic »

What is the story with Lance?
vandybrad
Commander

Post by vandybrad »

MemorialMagic wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:32 am What is the story with Lance?
It would probably make you so mad that you would go to McGugin and whip anyone you could find.
MemorialMagic
Rear Admiral

Post by MemorialMagic »

I know he got kicked out of a VU Florida game for getting into it with an opposing fan. Surely it’s not just that?
nyyankeeDore
Captain

Post by nyyankeeDore »

vutrain wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:06 am As I was heading to the game tonight, he got in his truck in the parking lot and drove away. I waved at him and he waved back.

He was at the baseball game on Sunday. He sat in section "H" over the Vandy dugout. We talked for a few, He did not stay for the game or at least not in that seat.
Vandy Lance (who came to the game separately) sat next to me in Section B at one of the Super Regionals games last year.
'23 '27 '28 '32 '36 '37 '38 '39 '41
'43 '47 '49 '50 '51 '52 '53 '56 '58
'61 '62 '77 '78' '96 '98 '99 '00 '09
VU#
cc11316
Rear Admiral

Post by cc11316 »

vandybrad wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:38 am
MemorialMagic wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:32 am What is the story with Lance?
It would probably make you so mad that you would go to McGugin and whip anyone you could find.
I'm curious about Vandy Lance as well as I vaguely recall some back and forth between the Vanderbilt administration and himself years ago but I have no idea what happened. Anyone care to expound on it ? I love the vocal Vandy fans who are very passionate and make following the teams a big part of their life. I'm just used to being told to sit down and drawing dirty looks when my voice goes above a conversational tone so I feel it is best to display my passion at my home.
Locked Previous topicNext topic