Belmont Game thread

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

vandybl
Commander

Re: Belmont Game thread

Post by vandybl »

When the score was 24-12 Belmont, there was a dead ball timeout. In the huddle, the players surrounded Coach Stack and through the openings I could see his hands and fingers pointing vigorously at the five players who just came off the court. In his post-game comments, J. Wright said that coach "lit into us". It worked. As noted, the production from Millora-Brown and Robbins was excellent. Hope there is more of that to come. The crowd was wild, and the student section was packed. There were some Belmont fans there but lots of VU fans. A very good win over a talented Belmont squad. Go Vandy!

Lynchsr
Captain

Post by Lynchsr »

Trey Thomas out for the season with injury. Stack said it was a bad hamstring injury
OldDude
Vice Admiral

Post by OldDude »

commadore wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:31 pm What is up with Scotty? Keeps playing like this and he will HAVE to be back next year.
All part of the voodoo queen's and my evil plan. :twisted:
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

Not sure what is up with Pippen. He seems disinterested. Well, we have a look at what next year without Pippen. Not too bad but can we depend on Wright to score like this? Looks like he has his confidence back and Scotty has lost his. Nice to see him hit some free throws at the end.

I love our bigs!!! QMB is still my favorite! Robbins getting his mojo back. Will be fun watching those two next year!
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

Nashmann wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:20 pm Well, we have a look at what next year without Pippen.
Based on what?

Link....?
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

Belmont was a good team, and good sports too. Helped our guys up a few times when they were knocked down. Refreshing to see good sportsmanship in a game for a change.
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

MrMemorial wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:39 pm
Nashmann wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:20 pm Well, we have a look at what next year without Pippen.
Based on what?

Link....?
Just an observation as he sat quite a bit and didn't even handle the ball much. Our scoring was based on other players most will be back. Will depend more on or bigs. no link....relax. As bad as he has played lately maybe he will be back. Who knows.
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

Nashmann wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:43 pm
MrMemorial wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:39 pm
Based on what?

Link....?
Just an observation as he sat quite a bit and didn't even handle the ball much. Our scoring was based on other players most will be back. Will depend more on or bigs. no link....relax
I'll relax when somebody convinces Mann he's not Ray Allen at jump shooting. Dude is shooting 13% from three and he's still launching them as if he's Jrue Holiday.***

***A guy currently hitting 41% from three in the NBA
Locked Previous topicNext topic