Vols are working out at Vanderbilt this week in preparation for the Music City Bowl

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

Vols are working out at Vanderbilt this week in preparation for the Music City Bowl

Post by BrentVU »

Rage to change, y’all.

BrentVU
Site Admin

Re: Vols are working out at Vanderbilt this week in preparation for the Music City Bowl

Post by BrentVU »

Go Boilers…

[tweet][/tweet]
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Re: Vols are working out at Vanderbilt this week in preparation for the Music City Bowl

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

[tweet][/tweet]
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Anyone have some access to covid or maybe ebola we could spray in the locker room? (Just kidding).
GrumpyOldDore
Ensign

Post by GrumpyOldDore »

Nice they're getting to travel and see new things such as a college.
GrumpyOldDore
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

GrumpyOldDore wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:11 am Nice they're getting to travel and see new things such as a college.
Might be a good perk to show them an actual classroom.
VU1970
Admiral

Post by VU1970 »

Maybe they would enjoy a few days of nonstop rockytop?
Junnah
Commander

Post by Junnah »

Just leave this on the infinity loop:

https://youtu.be/QY8Wfg8MmFk
BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

SI: Vols' DL Butler 'Enjoys Stomping' on Rival Vandy's Field During Bowl Prep

While the Vols have historically dominated the series to the tune of a 79-31-5 all-time record, Butler's statement to local reporters today is evidence that the Tennessee players still believe the matchup with the Commodores is a rivalry.

"It is so funny because we are practicing at Vanderbilt's stadium," Butler said. "It is hilarious to me because they can't do anything about it. Kind of just rub it in a bit. I have thoroughly just enjoyed walking out on this field and stomping on the field a little bit."

https://www.si.com/college/tennessee/fo ... -bowl-prep
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Lets's hope we stomp them at the Dud next year.
AirForceDore
Rear Admiral

Post by AirForceDore »

It is disrespectful as hell. Every year for the MCB SEC teams use Vandy facilities to practice. Even UT a few years back. No one has pulled that kind of crap. Only one way to shut idiots like that up. Gotta beat their ass next year.
GrumpyOldDore
Ensign

Post by GrumpyOldDore »

I didn't know Chuggers did stomping on the field. Thought they only stomped on prostrate players' heads at least five yards off the field of play.
GrumpyOldDore
LawoftheWest
Vice Admiral

Post by LawoftheWest »

Yawn, a big nothing. I hope the despicables are paying us enough $$$$$$ for the use of our facilities.
thefan
Captain

Post by thefan »

GrumpyOldDore wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:11 am Nice they're getting to travel and see new things such as a college.

Clever! Hope they brought their crayons, coloring books, and comic books so they can get an early jump on next semester!

Doreknox
Admiral

Post by Doreknox »

One thing is for certain: it will be the first time in about 8 years that players are practicing a good offense on Vanderbilt's campus.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

thefan wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:24 am

Clever! Hope they brought their crayons, coloring books, and comic books so they can get an early jump on next semester!

quote ESPN:

For instance, one starter on the football team turned in a polished paper on the topic of Madonna, the pop icon. When a skeptical teacher asked him to summarize the paper in class, a tactic used to root out plagiarism, the following is what the player wrote on a sheet of lined paper:

"I have learn a lot of the things about Madommon thought her videos, hearing to her music and Magizines Articiles people wrote about her. Both in positives and negivites ways. They should not be a double standard for men and women. Because if they are double videos, they could be Double standard everywhere."

geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

MrMemorial wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:19 pm
thefan wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:24 am

quote ESPN:

For instance, one starter on the football team turned in a polished paper on the topic of Madonna, the pop icon. When a skeptical teacher asked him to summarize the paper in class, a tactic used to root out plagiarism, the following is what the player wrote on a sheet of lined paper:

"I have learn a lot of the things about Madommon thought her videos, hearing to her music and Magizines Articiles people wrote about her. Both in positives and negivites ways. They should not be a double standard for men and women. Because if they are double videos, they could be Double standard everywhere."

This is just a rumor, but I heard this paper was actually written by his tutor.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

After those disrespectful comments, I take back the "just kidding" part of my earlier post. Do we have some ebola or covid we can spray in the locker room?
FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Post by FayetteDore »

LawoftheWest wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:52 pm Yawn, a big nothing. I hope the despicables are paying us enough $$$$$$ for the use of our facilities.
It IS a big nothing. Listen to the whole 5 minute video in the link Brent posted and it was obviously a 5-second comical aside that the SI writer blew up into a separate little story. I'd expect this of some of the sports websites but it strikes me as a bit low for SI.

When I first saw the post, I thought they were out there stomping on the StarV. He's talking about stomping around on the field during practice.

What struck me more than anything else about the video is how inane the media questions are. (No offense to you Adam.)
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

[tweet][/tweet]
Locked Previous topicNext topic