Vandy-Hawaii Sunday Thread

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

admin
Site Admin

Re: Vandy-Hawaii Sunday Thread

Post by admin »

I like Max to. He's a nice guy and I thought he was pretty easy to understand and gave good descriptions of what was happening on the field. One of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life was a couple years ago at the Alabama-Vandy 59-0 football game. Max was on the jumbron doing some kind of contest promotion and there was the really pretty women with I guess a skirt with very long slit down the middle, front. She won the contest and was jumping up and down saying "Go "Dores" or whatever and you could see Max looking at her in kind of in a trance. I think almost everyone in the stadium, mostly Bama fans, got a good laugh at that.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
WestCoastDore
Vice Admiral

Re: Vandy-Hawaii Sunday Thread

Post by WestCoastDore »

Versus75 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:43 pm
WestCoastDore wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:57 pm
Sorry, but I don't listen to the radio broadcast of the games. Prefer to watch the ESPN feed and haven't figured out how to sync Joe up with it.

I tried to get my games stats from VU athletics site only to discover the broadcast is delayed by almost a minute from those stats so.... a similar problem to my sync with Joe..

And I could get used to Max...

I also like Max. He's definitely rooting for the Commodores.

And today he did BOTH. You could hear the radio commercials in the background between innings.

We've seen comments here that when our regular SEC Network guys (Kevin Ingram and Andrew Harris) call the games they are supposed to be neutral (even though their pay is from Vanderbilt). Apparently, Max hasn't gotten that memo. :)

As far as synching Joe Fisher with the ESPN broadcasts: I suggest you get Joe on the TuneIn app with a computer (I don't seem to have the same controls on my iPhone) and PAUSE the audio for a minute or whatever until the video catches up.

One more thing about Max or even Kevin and Andrew: You've got to love either option compared to the Top Bananas (Kyle Peterson, Ben McDonald, Chris Burke, Karl Ravech, Dave Neal, etc.). They frequently ignore the game at hand to interview bystanders, discuss ballpark food options, and contemplate NCAA bids and seeding.

Half the time we don't learn the name of a pinch-hitter or whether the call was Hit or Error. Who's in the bullpen? They don't know and apparently don't think WE care to know.

Tell us about the game we're watching!
Oh, there is much in here on which I agree makes Max enjoyable (after I got used to his "personality").

I do Tune-in regularly with non streaming games. However, getting them in sync and keeping them in sync with streaming has always been problematic for me... but I will try again and Thanks for the suggestion
Locked Previous topicNext topic