Swanson in a crazy play last night

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Titans309fan
Admiral

Swanson in a crazy play last night

Post by Titans309fan »

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/dansby-swanson ... -294299104

Swanson is a darn good shortstop, but sometimes the baseball gods play tricks on you. The Braves still won the game easily, and their magic number is down to 12.

When the Braves lost that heartbreaker to the Red Sox to end a 3-6 homestand, I admit I was worried about this team. But they have won 5 of the 6 games on this road trip, while the Phillies have just collapsed.

commadore
Admiral

Re: Swanson in a crazy play last night

Post by commadore »

The Braves announcers were just shocked at it. None of them had ever seen anything like it. Still, Dansby came back to crush one to the wall and drive in the 4th run shortly thereafter. He has really turned into a first rate SS. If he can get his BA up 15-20 points (and it IS coming), he can be an all star.
VanDSIRROM
Admiral

Post by VanDSIRROM »

Dansby will never see that again, of course...however, I'll bet he learned something about "crazy" circumstances which will help him sometime in the future...a good player like Dansby is always learning...
"For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name--He marks--not that you won or lost--but how you played the game." Grantland Rice, VU Alumnus

@AD @AD @AD @AD
Titans309fan
Admiral

Post by Titans309fan »

If he can start hitting (or laying off) the low and away pitches, his average will rise. It's interesting to see his charts, because he gets so many more pitches in that area than anywhere else, and he hasn't hit a home run on any of them (but he will crush inside pitches).

http://m.mlb.com/player/621020/dansby-swanson
Locked Previous topicNext topic