Price hit by line drive in Red Sox 14-6 win

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

VanDSIRROM
Admiral

Price hit by line drive in Red Sox 14-6 win

Post by VanDSIRROM »

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/red- ... MzIfpvpTP/

"The 33-year-old Price exited in the fourth after being struck by a line drive off the bat of Austin Dean on the final play of the previous inning."

"I think it'll be all right," said Price, standing in the middle of the clubhouse wearing a wrap and a brace on his wrist. "Been hit a couple of times this year. I knew it hit me flush and caught bone."

"Signed to a $217 million, seven-year contract as a free agent before the 2016 season, Price has clearly been Boston's best pitcher since the All-Star break, going 4-0 with a 1.09 ERA in six starts before Wednesday, prompting him to say recently: "To be able to get back to the pitcher that Boston signed, it's about time." "

"Price raised his arms quickly in self-defense on Dean's head-high shot, scrambling after the ball to the right side of the mound, but ended up covering first when first baseman Steve Pearce picked it up and tossed it over for the final out of the inning."

"The left-hander looked at his hand as he walked to the dugout and headed straight down the steps toward the clubhouse, followed closely by a team trainer, pitching coach Dana LeVangie and manager Alex Cora."

"For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name--He marks--not that you won or lost--but how you played the game." Grantland Rice, VU Alumnus

@AD @AD @AD @AD