What's the deal w/ Curt Casali?

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Lundy
Captain

What's the deal w/ Curt Casali?

Post by Lundy »

What am I missing here? Is there an injury problem? Does Curt not connect well with the pitching staff? Can he not throw anyone out at second? ... OR does the manager have his head stuck where the sun don't shine?! (Cincinnati is firmly lodged in the NL Central cellar 14 games under .500 & 16-1/2 out of first)

Casali is LEADING the Reds in batting average at .333 ... His on-base-percentage is tied for the team lead ... His slugging pct is second at .526 ... His on-base plus slugging pct is .948 - again - leading the team!

The No.1 catcher is Barnhart, he's played in 106 games & is batting .246 ... Casali has played in only 31 games !?!

Any Reds fans out there to shed some light here???

commadore
Admiral

Re: What's the deal w/ Curt Casali?

Post by commadore »

Could be one of the reasons they are in last: Coaching staff too stupid to play the right ayers.
boatrocker
Captain

Post by boatrocker »

I think Barnhart won the gold glove last year and he hits left handed. Those are two prized attributes for a catcher.
Commodoredave
Rear Admiral

Post by Commodoredave »

I'm always rooting for Casali, but the Reds have invested in Barnhart, and his career average is 40 points higher, plus the gold glove. He's their catcher the next 4 years.
Locked Previous topicNext topic