Miss State gets two 1st round surprises.

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

DeefromAtlanta
Admiral

Miss State gets two 1st round surprises.

Post by DeefromAtlanta »

Braves can't sign RHP Carter Stewart and RHP J.T. Ginn doesn't sign with Dodgers.

Nice haul.

dcdore
Admiral

Re: Miss State gets two 1st round surprises.

Post by dcdore »

wow - doesn't that make them the favorite to win the SEC?
Always hopeful; rarely optimistic. @GAD
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

That would certainly help their cause, but they haven’t made it to campus yet. It’s obvious they were drafted in the first round because it was felt they would sign. They could end up at a Junior College and enter the draft again next year. I believe Rocker could be the best of the bunch and along with Becker and Hansen gives VU the overall top pitching class, without question.
Commodoredave
Rear Admiral

Post by Commodoredave »

There are a lot of folks saying Stewart is going JUCO and back in the draft next year, which is supposedly a weaker class. Even if they get there, you can't count on any recruit to go out and be the Friday night guy as a freshman. It's rare.

I heard that Hansen isn't going to be at Vandy next year. I have also read that he is Mormon, so there is a 2 year mission somewhere along the line and MLB teams were hesitant to draft. I suppose we'll see, but if that info is correct, we may never see him. Still, Becker and Rocker are just a huge haul.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Commodoredave wrote:There are a lot of folks saying Stewart is going JUCO and back in the draft next year, which is supposedly a weaker class. Even if they get there, you can't count on any recruit to go out and be the Friday night guy as a freshman. It's rare.

I heard that Hansen isn't going to be at Vandy next year. I have also read that he is Mormon, so there is a 2 year mission somewhere along the line and MLB teams were hesitant to draft. I suppose we'll see, but if that info is correct, we may never see him. Still, Becker and Rocker are just a huge haul.
Who is Hanson? We had a Hankins, Hart, Hayes, Hogan, and Huff, but no Hanson. 2019 Doesn't seem to have a Hanson either.
Commodoredave
Rear Admiral

Post by Commodoredave »

Brett Hansen. Rising top 100 LHP out of CA. Originally a Stanford commit who flipped over.
wdsmith45
Seaman

Post by wdsmith45 »

Hansen has a mission trip , doubt he shows up in the fall.

Huff . Stills and Kolwyck are in the Futures summer league. Murphy , Malcom, Thomas and Hayes are playing in the PGCBL this summer. Becker is playing summer ball in south Florida.

Rocker and Smith are already enrolled and taking summer classes ... this allows them to start their workout and nutrition programs early and get acclimated.

Stewart will go to Chipola, Ginn to Miss St.
Locked Previous topicNext topic