Who are you rooting for in CWS?

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Who are you rooting for in CWS?

Post by dallasdore »

My better half is a razorback, so that part is settled for me. Although, I would likely want the hogs to win regardless. I've always had a great time with their fans in my travels, plus their team has a solid coach and good kids from all accounts.

I want Oregon state to lose as soon as possible, simply due to their violent felon star pitcher. I want to see him get shelled and they lose big, as soon as possible preferably. Talk about a program with zero integrity, even MLB baseball teams shied away from him when he would otherwise be the #1 pick of the draft.

Miss State just seems like a team of destiny this postseason. Remember they lost their first regional game 20-10? They have just pulled out some amazing victories and walk-offs (one too many for my taste, of course). I'll be happy for them if they do it, though.

I have lots of Tx Tech friends, of course, and have always enjoyed their fans. It's not easy to recruit to that place. They would be my third choice.

Washington is out today, they were by far the weakest. Carolina? Texas? Florida? Meh.

Go Hogs!!! WPS!

commadore
Admiral

Re: Who are you rooting for in CWS?

Post by commadore »

I pretty much agree with all you said except I'd put Texas in there with OSU and Florida. They seem to have a sense of entitlement that I do not care for and I would like to see them brought down a notch.
BWestbrook
Rear Admiral

Post by BWestbrook »

Anyone but Florida
dore43
Rear Admiral

Post by dore43 »

Pulling against UF obviously. What's even more sickening than Heimlich's behavior is how almost all their fans support him and blame the Oregonian for the story. He pled guilty in a court of law. It was wonderful to see him get shellacked in their opening loss to UNC.

I may be in the minority of VU fans, but I'm hoping for Miss. State wins it. Unfortunately, we did not win the Superregionals - but I would be glad to say we lost to the National Champions. I don't like those Rally Bananas though.
DeefromAtlanta
Admiral

Post by DeefromAtlanta »

BWestbrook wrote:Anyone but Florida
And Texas.
Levon
Rear Admiral

Post by Levon »

My team's not playing and I have no rooting interest in any of those still in play, so to quote a prominent former Vanderbilt QB..."DON'T CARE"
vujoe
Vice Admiral

Post by vujoe »

Im not watching this year after Tenn Tech and Vandy not in Omaha.
oakparkDore
Vice Admiral

Post by oakparkDore »

Arkansas for sure. And rooting against Florida and Heimlich.

I have no particular grudges against MSU. I’ve lived in Mississippi and appreciate all MSU has to do to compete in the SEC (obviously more true in football than baseball).
Commodoredave
Rear Admiral

Post by Commodoredave »

I have some ties to MSU and am enjoying their ride after the disappointment of last week wore off. It gives me a little pause to consider "what could have been", but I still don't think VU had the goods to go deep this season.

The one thing I don't want to be faced with is a Heimlich vs Sully matchup. Anything else is a satisfactory result.
ANCHORDOWN1
Rear Admiral

Post by ANCHORDOWN1 »

I'm rooting for Mississippi State. They have a likable team and a good fanbase. Plus, it would kind of make us look better if we barely lost an instant classic to the champs. It might be painful to play "what if" and wonder if we might have had a chance to win it all if we had won, though.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

I'm rooting against every SEC team.

Go Heels, Red Raiders, and Beavers.
dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Post by dallasdore »

AuricGoldfinger wrote:I'm rooting against every SEC team.

So why are you rooting against every SEC team??? I'm really curious.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

dallasdore wrote:

If I'm being honest, it's pure jealousy. :twisted:

I am consistent, though. I root against just about every other SEC team in all postseason events. Admittedly, I really have nothing against some of our SEC brethren. Others, however, can burn in hell.
dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Post by dallasdore »

AuricGoldfinger wrote:
dallasdore wrote:

If I'm being honest, it's pure jealousy. :twisted:

I am consistent, though. I root against just about every other SEC team in all postseason events. Admittedly, I really have nothing against some of our SEC brethren. Others, however, can burn in hell.
Fair enough answer. I just find it odd that you would single out the heels (who basically institutionalized academic cheating for their "student" athletes), and the beavers (who have such a disgusting child molesting felon that not a single MLB team would touch him through 40 rounds of draft even though he is a top-5 pick talent). I just wonder how you could dislike many of the SEC teams just because we play them all the time.

I've met many fans and alums of most other SEC teams, which makes it easy to root for them when we are not playing each other. SC, Arkansas, and A&M are my favorites, and none of those seem to cheat on the level that many teams (inside and outside the SEC) do. That makes it easy on me. I do agree with you that some SEC sports teams can go play with traffic (UT because of their huge ignorant bandwagon fan base) and UF (have never had good interactions with their fans, they all seem arrogant) come to mind.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

I want MSU since we really should have beaten them and it would give us real confidence going into next year
Dorewithaflare
Vice Admiral

Post by Dorewithaflare »

SEC
Commodoredave
Rear Admiral

Post by Commodoredave »

I'll be for Arkansas. That's much more of an anti- OSU stance than pro-SEC.
Locked Previous topicNext topic