Call me bitter, but...

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

commadore
Admiral

Call me bitter, but...

Post by commadore »

It sure was pleasurable watching O'Sullivan's gators get their butts beaten tonight by Texas Tech, 6-3. Singer started well, but after some really shoddy defense, it all fell apart and so did he. At the end, O'Sullivan looked like he was either about to cry or was 8 days constipated. Not sure which. Can't stand that team.

oakparkDore
Vice Admiral

Re: Call me bitter, but...

Post by oakparkDore »

Not bitter, it’s just sports. I view UF baseball the same way I view UT football and UK basketball. If they are playing the Iranian national team, go Iranians!
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Corbin and Sullivan are still good friends (listen to recent podcast at vucommodores.com) so it is interesting that these 2 coaches are close, but most of us don't like Florida. Maybe we should adopt a different attitude and just enjoy the competition - because it is intense and a very high level.
VanDSIRROM
Admiral

Post by VanDSIRROM »

Just because Corbs has known him for decades and continues their friendship does not mean the guy is any less a jerk. Intense competition? Yes. Their coach is a jerk 100% of the time? Yes. Why should anyone ignore the fact he's a jerk?
"For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name--He marks--not that you won or lost--but how you played the game." Grantland Rice, VU Alumnus

@AD @AD @AD @AD
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

there something that makes me think Corbin doesn't stick with jerks - could it be that he seems like a jerk to us, but isn't really?
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

charlestonalum wrote:there something that makes me think Corbin doesn't stick with jerks - could it be that he seems like a jerk to us, but isn't really?

That's a very interesting qestion. I've asked myself that same question several times. Everything I see, on the surface, yells "jerk" loudly and clearly. But (1) I'll admit that as a Vandy fan I am very biased here, and (2) of course the public sees only a very small part of his life -- what he does on the field. At home, in practice, living "everyday life", he may be a very decent guy. Then too he may act like he does on the field to boost his team's confidence. Or he sees the tough jerk image as giving his guys a psychological edge. Whatever. We'll likely never know for sure.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

He proved himself a jerk and an azz the year the florida right fielder wrote F*** VU in the dirt in the outfield warning track and O'Sullivan claimed it must have been one of our guys (note, a picture soon appeared with said gator RF scraping the dirt with his foot).
vujoe
Vice Admiral

Post by vujoe »

That's why I cheer fror whomever plays Florida. Go Burnt Orange!
Locked Previous topicNext topic