Mississippi State

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

commadore
Admiral

Mississippi State

Post by commadore »

With another walkoff. 1-0 over Washington with a run in the bottom of the ninth. Surprisingly, they play North Carolina in the winner's bracket. Washington plays Oregon State in the loser's bracket. Rest of the SEC teams play today.

DeefromAtlanta
Admiral

sight recognition

Post by DeefromAtlanta »

I wasn't pissed off we lost to them until I turned on the tv and saw them in the dugout.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Re: sight recognition

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

DeefromAtlanta wrote:I wasn't pissed off we lost to them until I turned on the tv and saw them in the dugout.
I refuse to even turn on my TV for fear of seeing them. PTSD.
commadore
Admiral

Re: sight recognition

Post by commadore »

DeefromAtlanta wrote:I wasn't pissed off we lost to them until I turned on the tv and saw them in the dugout.
Didn't see the dugout. What were they doing?
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Re: Mississippi State

Post by charlestonalum »

lot of bananas - in the stands as well - don't know if that is the problem, but bananas have replaced the cowbell
Levon
Rear Admiral

Post by Levon »

charlestonalum wrote:lot of bananas - in the stands as well - don't know if that is the problem, but bananas have replaced the cowbell
Bananas (or "rally whatever") are maddening. Blame ESPN...if they didn't show and talk incessantly about them, they would've quietly gone away. Yet another reason to loathe the worldwide leader.
vebiltdervan
Fleet Admiral

Post by vebiltdervan »

Levon wrote:Bananas (or "rally whatever") are maddening. Blame ESPN...if they didn't show and talk incessantly about them, they would've quietly gone away. Yet another reason to loathe the worldwide leader.
I don't disagree, but I still consider banana WAY better than cowbells!
VUaskew
Vice Admiral

Post by VUaskew »

This is why we should encourage and embrace the whistling. Need something to counter all these idiots coming to our stadiums and acting like it's theirs.

I found myself having gotten used to the whistler.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

VUaskew wrote:This is why we should encourage and embrace the whistling. Need something to counter all these idiots coming to our stadiums and acting like it's theirs.

I really PO'd a couple of State fans at the Wendy's before the game Sunday. They guy behind me in line told his wife that I was the whistler. She started to go off on how horrible I was when I said "I am not the whistler and don't particularly like him myself, but I'll be damned if I was a cowbell ringing fan that I'd have the nerve to open my big mouth and criticize some other team's noise makers." I heard them mumbling for the next 10 minutes. :)
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

It irks me,as well, when other teams celebrate on our field. I know we think they are classless jerks, but we must remember, they had every reason to celebrate. It’s the overwhelming joy of 18-21 year old kids and I’m certain our players and fans seemed like jerks to the Clemson fans, especially after beating them back to back. It’s sports and we can avoid this scene if we beat the other team.....that didn’t happen so we must recognize and accept the celebration by these kids for what they accomplished....it’s not personal, they would have celebrated the same anywhere else, the same as we would.
sidewalkdore
Commander

Post by sidewalkdore »

commadore wrote:
VUaskew wrote:This is why we should encourage and embrace the whistling. Need something to counter all these idiots coming to our stadiums and acting like it's theirs.

I really PO'd a couple of State fans at the Wendy's before the game Sunday. They guy behind me in line told his wife that I was the whistler. She started to go off on how horrible I was when I said "I am not the whistler and don't particularly like him myself, but I'll be damned if I was a cowbell ringing fan that I'd have the nerve to open my big mouth and criticize some other team's noise makers." I heard them mumbling for the next 10 minutes. :)

Love it!!!
Locked Previous topicNext topic