Kudos to the Perennial ut Fan Behind Home Plate

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

cjdore
Fleet Admiral

Kudos to the Perennial ut Fan Behind Home Plate

Post by cjdore »

She is always there with her ut uniform on proudly and for the 2nd straight year her team is not. Today though I noticed that when VU is batting she puts on a VU hat......Kudos to this lady!!!!!

Commodoredave
Rear Admiral

Re: Kudos to the Perennial ut Fan Behind Home Plate

Post by Commodoredave »

I was thinking the same thing last night. They haven't been a factor in Hoover in a decade, and they have missed the tournament altogether, yet there are a couple who still show up.
Haptown
Lieutenant

Post by Haptown »

cjdore wrote:She is always there with her ut uniform on proudly and for the 2nd straight year her team is not. Today though I noticed that when VU is batting she puts on a VU hat......Kudos to this lady!!!!!
She is also a Vandy baseball season ticket holder. See her and her husband at most of the home games wearing her VU gear and keeping a scorebook.

Might be a good story for Adam Sparks.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

There were several UT festooned fans at the tennis finals yesterday. I guess we have to admire their optimism or maybe they thought since Vanderbilt is in Tennessee that they should be there decked out in their orange finest.
oakparkDore
Vice Admiral

Post by oakparkDore »

I definitely would have thought that one place we’d be safe from the orange abomination is the NCAA women’s tennis final between Vandy and Stanford from the campus of Wake Forest. But I stand corrected...
VanDSIRROM
Admiral

Post by VanDSIRROM »

Western North Carolina is dominated by the evil orange and has been forever...in recruiting they get just about any player they want West of I-77...Wake is just a short drive for ut fans in WNC...many of them are retired so a good tennis match in nice weather makes for an enjoyable day...especially if VU loses...
"For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name--He marks--not that you won or lost--but how you played the game." Grantland Rice, VU Alumnus

@AD @AD @AD @AD
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

VanDSIRROM wrote:Western North Carolina is dominated by the evil orange and has been forever...in recruiting they get just about any player they want West of I-77...Wake is just a short drive for ut fans in WNC...many of them are retired so a good tennis match in nice weather makes for an enjoyable day...especially if VU loses...
Plus, a lot of those trash truck operators have a lot of state and local vacation. :)
Locked Previous topicNext topic