Hoover topology update

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

geeznotagain
Admiral

Hoover topology update

Post by geeznotagain »

For any of you guys that have been to the SEC baseball tournament in the past and are going again this year, here is a heads-up. When you turn off of highway 150 to get to the Hoover Met, you will notice some major changes. On the southwest corner of Hwy 150 and Stadium Trace (directly across the street from the Walgreens), there used to be large, uninhabited hill. Now that hill has been virtually leveled to make room for a large retail/business complex. So no more trees, just a big dust-filled area with lots of construction equipment. Bottom line, the intersection where you turn looks a lot different, so don't let that fool you.

There is also some construction going on adjacent to and south of the Met. Chances are good that you'll see some of that equipment motoring up and down Stadium Trace. Don't be dismayed, it's called "progress".

Around the Met, beyond the right field area, a new multi-purpose sports facility has opened (I don't think it was there last year, but I'm not 100% sure). It now shares a parking lot with the Met. Just to the north and east of the Met they are constructing several new athletic fields (soccer and baseball, I believe). They are not yet complete, but you will see that activity as well from Stadium Trace.

So. Lots of construction. Lots of activity. Lots of dust if it's dry, mud if it's wet. You might want to take that into account and leave a few minutes early to get to the ballpark.