VandyBraves

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

dcdore
Admiral

VandyBraves

Post by dcdore »

I know Dansby is on DL with the wrist, but why hasn't Flash played in a week. Still hitting >.300.

Always hopeful; rarely optimistic. @GAD
Titans309fan
Admiral

Re: VandyBraves

Post by Titans309fan »

It appears the Braves are trying to make Jose Bautista into the third baseman, though I am not sure how much longer that experiment will last while he has a .188 BA. Bautista has had an amazing career, but may be done.

Flaherty also typically sits out against lefties, otherwise I think he would have played in the Tampa Bay series.
DeefromAtlanta
Admiral

Post by DeefromAtlanta »

Braves just moved up Austin Riley to AAA.

It looks like Bautista will be given every opportunity to play 3rd for the balance of the year. Unfortunately, Braves are also working to give at bats to Camargo and Culberson during Swanson's DL stint.
Titans309fan
Admiral

Post by Titans309fan »

Here is a new article about it. Flaherty did play last night against a righty pitcher. (1 for 3, as well as a bases loaded walk). With Bautista really struggling, it looks like they may both get equal time depending on the pitcher.

https://www.mlb.com/braves/news/will-ry ... -276299080
Titans309fan
Admiral

Post by Titans309fan »

Bautista was released today by the Braves. Going 3-35 will do that. http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2355 ... adding-him

However, Camargo looked really good today at third, so Flaherty may be mostly a bench player for a while.
Locked Previous topicNext topic