Meanwhile, Carson stinks it up...badly

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

VanDSIRROM
Admiral

Meanwhile, Carson stinks it up...badly

Post by VanDSIRROM »

"For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name--He marks--not that you won or lost--but how you played the game." Grantland Rice, VU Alumnus

@AD @AD @AD @AD
VUaskew
Vice Admiral

Re: Meanwhile, Carson stinks it up...badly

Post by VUaskew »

sportswriters get dramatic much?
Commodoredave
Rear Admiral

Post by Commodoredave »

Ouch. 21 strikes in 46 pitches. What is wrong what him? He wasn't always pinpoint, but his control as a pro has been bad. I suspect they are tinkering with his delivery which always seemed to be a concern.
dcdore
Admiral

Post by dcdore »

Many Sox pitchers stunk it up last night. While Carson had a bleak outing, he wasn't alone.
Always hopeful; rarely optimistic. @GAD
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

Commodoredave wrote:Ouch. 21 strikes in 46 pitches. What is wrong what him? He wasn't always pinpoint, but his control as a pro has been bad. I suspect they are tinkering with his delivery which always seemed to be a concern.
Has anyone actually SEEN him pitch since the Vandy days (I haven't). And if so, can you detect a change in his delivery? Seems like I remember the criticism being that there was simply too much motion in his delivery initially. Intuitively, it seems like the more moving parts you have, the harder it might be to hit your target (which is why a smple golf swing is preferable). Also, a simpler delivery would probably be less tiring, allowing the pitcher to go more innings.
Locked Previous topicNext topic