* Rotation

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Lundy
Captain

* Rotation

Post by Lundy »

As we enter the conference season this weekend...

Has Corbin settled on a WEEKEND rotation yet?

Has Raby recovered from his injury to START?

Do we have a bona fide CLOSER?

Thanks!

GooseJones15
Lieutenant

Re: * Rotation

Post by GooseJones15 »

Looks like Friday Fellows,Saturday Raby sun Gillis Gillis ,Day closer King Schiller Tyler brown we have lots of good arms but command is key. Just about everybody that didn’t pitch Wednesday is in the mix for this weekend.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Just announced by SEC. See my preview prediction linked recently. Goose hit it on the head. Sunday is "TBA".
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
Versus75
Admiral

Re: Sunday Rotation

Post by Versus75 »

Not going to be Gillis for the 'Dores on Sunday. He pitched in relief Saturday.

Chandler Day is an option or perhaps Jake Eder. He started and pitched just one inning on Wednesday.

A team cannot (should not) pitch every midweek game as a "staff game" just to keep everyone available for the weekend. Generally, we would like to develop a solid 4-man rotation (Fri/Sat/Sun/Wed) that can be employed in the postseason as well.

I suspect the Eastern Kentucky game set us up to move Eder into the Sunday slot and pitch Day midweek. But I've been wrong before.

P.S. Neither team's web story on the Saturday game suggested starting pitchers for Sunday.
Commodoredave
Rear Admiral

Post by Commodoredave »

Gillis appears to be better in relief. Sometimes it just happens that way, though he has the stuff and frame to be a starter. Quite a luxury to bring a guy like that in like we did on Saturday.
#3/4 are still up for grabs. Day is running out of chances, IMO, as he just doesn't command pitches consistently. Hickman and Eder appear to be the guys, for next week anyway.
BWestbrook
Rear Admiral

Post by BWestbrook »

Brown could be the closer?
Commodoredave
Rear Admiral

Post by Commodoredave »

BWestbrook wrote:Brown could be the closer?
Sure looked capable of any role yesterday. It is hard to argue with his role as a mid-relief guy who can go the distance. I think Schaller is still the "closer", but it isn't a defined role on this team at the moment, and Brown was simply too good in the 7th and 8th to take him out of the game yesterday.
Locked Previous topicNext topic