Rain in L.A. / Beede starting today / Jacob Stallings

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Versus75
Admiral

Rain in L.A. / Beede starting today / Jacob Stallings

Post by Versus75 »

http://www.weather.com predicts 55% chance of rain at 11a.m. PST, 70% chance at noon ... 90%-100% chance from 3p.m. on today. Might be in best interests of all to start USC game earlier.

USC Baseball Twitter as of last night:
With rain in the forecast, tomorrow's game against Vanderbilt is still on as scheduled at 4 pm. We will update if anything changes.

If anyone hears of a schedule change, please let us know ASAP.

~~~

Tyler Beede to start in a split squad game for the Giants today vs L.A. Angels. Video on mlb.com for subscribers.

He gave up 3 runs on 4 hits and a walk in 2.0 innings during his first spring training game this year; allowed 1 run (solo HR) with 1 hit and 1 walk in 3.0 innings during his second outing. No. 3 is at 2:10pm CST.

http://m.mlb.com/player/595881/tyler-be ... tching-mlb

~~~

Kevin Stallings will likely stick around Pittsburgh to spend his $9 million because there is a good chance that Jacob will be on the Pirates' opening day roster. While Jacob is one of 6 catchers in camp, he seems to have the most upside.

Last year's no. 1, 32-year-old Francisco Cervelli, is on a 4-year slide in batting average. Last year's no. 2, 27-year-old Elias Diaz, had his best MLB season at .223 with one home run, but never topped .271 for a season at AAA. Two little-used veterans -- Ryan Lavarnway and Jackson Williams - were signed as non-roster invitees, which could indicate the Bucs are not happy with Cervelli or Diaz. And 24-year-old Christian Kelley is in camp despite batting just .243 single-A ball last year.

This opens the door for Jacob Stallings. At 28 years old and coming off a .301 / .358 / .431 season in AAA, 2018 is probably his make or break year in the big leagues.

Good luck to Jacob and the rest of the Stallings family.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Rain in L.A. / Beede starting today / Jacob Stallings

Post by admin »

I hope Stallings get to watch all of his son's games thanks to scummy Pittsburgh. They treated him like crap when he got there. He couldn't have failed at a more deserving place and now he gets to watch every one of his son's spring training sessions and then every game he plays in at whatever level in the pros and live like the rich man he is. I remember my son playing in the high school football state championship in Washington State. Oh, no I don't remember it. I was in a swamp in Louisiana training with the Army. Nothing is worse on a parent than not getting to watch your kid's athletic events. It's like missing the Super Bowl or World Series.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
Locked Previous topicNext topic