Infante

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

geeznotagain
Admiral

Infante

Post by geeznotagain »

Is it too early to worry about Infante? He's currently 1-24, with 9 strikeouts. Corbs keeps dropping him lower in the order; today he's batting 8th.

commadore
Admiral

Re: Infante

Post by commadore »

I was just coming on here to post this very thing. Just walked, so that is a good thing...didn't strike out. Still, I think he has now struck out something like 6 times in the last two games. At what point do you say "we have to try someone else at first?"
I looked earlier, he hit .315 last year and was second on the team in both hitting and home runs (11). At this rate, he won't get 11 hits this year.
I really feel for the guy, as he has beem a good player and seems like a good kid.
ScrappyDore
Captain

Post by ScrappyDore »

He is in a serious funk. I noted that he would get going this week. Boy was I wrong. His timing is off and he is not seeing the ball. He has stung some balls, but they go right at someone when he does. I feel real bad for him, it is mental now.
Commodoredave
Rear Admiral

Post by Commodoredave »

I do wonder if they tinkered with his swing since last year, but it does seem as though that is the sort of thing that would have revealed itself in practice. This is one major slump. Rather get it out of the way now I suppose.
BWestbrook
Rear Admiral

Post by BWestbrook »

He will be fine in a month
vufan1
Rear Admiral

Post by vufan1 »

Noticed he's not starting today (Martin starting at first). 1 hit in 7 games started (0.037) is beyond anything I've ever seen. He needs to work his way out of it in the batting cage before he's back in the lineup. Hope he figures it out soon.
Locked Previous topicNext topic