Main VandyMania.com Page

POLITICAL, RACIAL AND RELIGIOUS DISCUSSIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED.

Article in today's Tennessean

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit, kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates

tim4vandy

Article in today's Tennessean

Postby tim4vandy » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:34 pm

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports ... 717799002/

Doesn't say a word about Kaylee or Cierra. Talks plenty about two incoming freshmen and the Greek transfer now is eligible. Also mentions Lealea and the four that transferred. Sure are going to miss Kayla and Erin.

This season should be interesting.

VandyWhit
Site Admin

Re: Article in today's Tennessean

Postby VandyWhit » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:43 pm

It didn't say anything about Autumn Newby, and I think she's pretty darned important, especially since the departure of KO.

BWestbrook

Postby BWestbrook » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:13 pm

Make no mistake DW is still in charge per his firing of the lacrosse coach so it should be interesting.

Ndorefin

Postby Ndorefin » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:52 pm

BWestbrook wrote:Make no mistake DW is still in charge per his firing of the lacrosse coach so it should be interesting.

Sorry, BWest...gonna have to disagree on that. The Lacrosse coach has been here for 20 years and I doubt that raised any eyebrows. CSW has a very long leash and although you did not mention her demise, the search committee for the WBB coach took their direction from Zeppos. White will be here a minimum of 5 years and if the program shows any improvement, she will be here as long as Zeppos is here and she wants to coach. I personally believe, she will make good progress within the next 3 years.

zhanglini

Postby zhanglini » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:21 am

Ndorefin wrote:White will be here a minimum of 5 years and if the program shows any improvement, she will be here as long as Zeppos is here and she wants to coach. I personally believe, she will make good progress within the next 3 years.

Last year was so bad, I wonder how hard it is for her to not make any improvements.....
@AD

Nashmann

Postby Nashmann » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:49 pm

I don't see how there can be any improvements with 6 of the 10 players being guards. Plus you have lost some key players and only 3 players over 6 foot. Three of the 10 will be Freshman.

Ndorefin

Postby Ndorefin » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:12 pm

If Fasoula stays healthy, she will be as good as any center in the SEC. I also expect Horrocks to make a bigger contribution this year, although only as a sub.

Return to “Vanderbilt Women's Basketball”