Main VandyMania.com Page

POLITICAL, RACIAL AND RELIGIOUS DISCUSSIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED.

Missouri to wear the names of WWI war dead on unis tomorrow

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit, kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates

AuricGoldfinger

Missouri to wear the names of WWI war dead on unis tomorrow

Postby AuricGoldfinger » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:09 am

IIRC, Vandy did something similar to this in the last few years.

Vanderbilt, here's your blueprint for success in today's fan marketplace: https://www.anchorofgold.com/2018/2/12/ ... y-s-sports

JCVandyman

Re: Missouri to wear the names of WWI war dead on unis tomorrow

Postby JCVandyman » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:35 am

It was last year that Vandy did this vs. UK. Game was on Veteran's Day. According to the athletic dept., the jerseys were given to the families of those whose names were on them and the "Deep Water" uniforms were retired at that point. Doesn't bother me that much that the grey unis are gone, but oh, those helmets.

historybill

Re: Missouri to wear the names of WWI war dead on unis tomorrow

Postby historybill » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:56 am

What all these college athletic departments forget is the difference between Veterans Day, Armed Services Day and Memorial Day.

I thought that everything that Vanderbilt did last year was cool. However, unless I missed it, at no time during last year's Veterans Day game did they actually recognize veterans. There were probably quite a few veterans who were present out of the 20,000 or so people who were there, but they never asked them to stand or anything, which I thought was odd, considering how much money and effort went into the other things that they did.

Return to “Vanderbilt Football”