Main VandyMania.com Page

POLITICAL, RACIAL AND RELIGIOUS DISCUSSIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED.

Fulmer addresses 'lost decade' at Tennessee

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit, kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates

BrentVU
Site Admin

Fulmer addresses 'lost decade' at Tennessee

Postby BrentVU » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:14 am

From an AP story about Phillip Fulmer earlier this week...

After taking over as athletic director last month, Fulmer has been working to return Tennessee to the cohesion it enjoyed in its peak years.

The College Football Hall of Fame coach remembers when he had Tennessee’s football program consistently competing for Southeastern Conference titles in the 1990s. Joe Johnson was entrenched as university president and Doug Dickey was a fixture as athletic director.

“We knew what was expected,” Fulmer said in an interview with The Associated Press. “We weren’t going to embarrass our university or them. They knew that we were going to do the right thing and that we were going to give the kids who were here a positive experience, and those kinds of things. There was a great trust.

“And then the next few years… we had four presidents in six years, there was no stability, nobody communicating, nobody trusting each other. That was horrible to be a part of and go through.”

https://wtop.com/ncaa-football/2018/01/ ... s-vols-ad/
-----

Meanwhile the status of UT WR Jauan Jennings who was dismissed by the interim staff for a profanity-laden social media tirade aimed toward Vanderbilt, remains up in the air, according to an interview Fulmer gave to Knoxville's WNML radio.

“I don’t know exactly where it stands right now because he and Jauan are still discussing,” Fulmer told the radio station. “I think he’s put some parameters around it, and I guess everybody’s got to figure out what those are and if they’re really going to do it.

“That’s up to them right now, and we’ll comment on that more when I know more.”

During Pruitt’s press conference Wednesday, just two days after helping Alabama outlast Georgia 26-23 in overtime to win the national championship, the former Crimson Tide defensive coordinator had an update on the situation.

“From my standpoint, I know Jauan has reached out to Coach Fulmer and I know they met, and I actually reached out to him because I felt like with him talking to Coach Fulmer I should do that,” Pruitt said, according to SEC Country’s Mike Griffith. “There will be a time, probably in the next couple of days, where me and him may possibly sit down and see where things are at.”

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/vo ... -interview

AuricGoldfinger

Re: Fulmer addresses 'lost decade' at Tennessee

Postby AuricGoldfinger » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:06 am

BrentVU wrote:
“We knew what was expected,” Fulmer said in an interview with The Associated Press. “We weren’t going to embarrass our university or them. They knew that we were going to do the right thing and that we were going to give the kids who were here a positive experience, and those kinds of things. There was a great trust.

It's called The Fulmer Cup for a reason, Phil...

http://www.thefulmercup.com/
Vanderbilt, here's your blueprint for success in today's fan marketplace: https://www.anchorofgold.com/2018/2/12/ ... y-s-sports

Goldmember

Postby Goldmember » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:18 pm

In other words, having presidents and athletic directors interested in UT being more than just a football factory and actually concerned about ASR rates for their 'studnet-athletes' really put a dent in having inmates at Volcatraz
unnamed.jpeg
unnamed.jpeg (25.12 KiB) Viewed 475 times

VU1970

Postby VU1970 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:20 am

The good old days, when problem players could just go around the head coach and talk directly to the AD?

Return to “Vanderbilt Football”