Main VandyMania.com Page

POLITICAL, RACIAL AND RELIGIOUS DISCUSSIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED.

OT But Not Sure Where To Post

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit, kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates

mathguy

OT But Not Sure Where To Post

Postby mathguy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:16 pm

Just checked in and the Coffee Shop was not on my forum list?

Did the powers that be finally shut it down as has previously been threatened?

ChattaDore

Re: OT But Not Sure Where To Post

Postby ChattaDore » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:03 pm

I’m betting they did. I really enjoy reading that daily and posting occasionally. But in the last 24 hours it got nasty and personal. I wish only the offenders were removed but it’s not my site.

BILTMORE

Postby BILTMORE » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:05 am

Bump

Seeing the same thing...
Didn't see the thread(s) that caused it.

Matheta

Postby Matheta » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:12 am

My guess is it became unhinged one time too many

BelleVUe

Postby BelleVUe » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:49 am

I hope it wasn't my posting that picture of the Hobbit House or the house made of boulders, or talking about which singers I liked from my youth.

If I had to guess, I would say that the owner of this site got a nasty letter from the Vanderbilt professor that forced Rate My Professors to remove the chili pepper rating to signify that a female teacher is hot.

She's not even a sweet pepper
True Love Does Exist

mathguy

Postby mathguy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:43 am

Yes, I know it had been threatened/discussed in the past. I just thought there might have been an announcement or post somewhere letting us know.

I know the mods have put up with the forum for quite some time.

WestCoastDore

Postby WestCoastDore » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:44 am

Matheta wrote:My guess is it became unhinged one time too many

This... I seemed to remember the last time it was shut was due to the same person (different name, but you knew that)

Titans309fan

Postby Titans309fan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:12 am

It's definitely not because of just one person. Several pushed the boundaries there.

EllistonVU

Postby EllistonVU » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:37 am

WestCoastDore wrote:

This... I seemed to remember the last time it was shut was due to the same person (different name, but you knew that)

You were called out by the highest ranking mod himself the other night for being an obnoxious pain in the @55 and harassing other posters. You are extremely guilty in this. No denying it.

If that forum does come back at some point in time, you should be blocked from using it. Absolutely and 100 %

WestCoastDore

Postby WestCoastDore » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:05 pm

Titans309fan wrote:It's definitely not because of just one person. Several pushed the boundaries there.

Okay, that's a fair point and will admit to getting wound up at times. But blatant name calling, personal attacks and inflammatory posting is something we all should try to avoid. Hard sometimes in the heat of the moment... yes... but i'd also encourage all to ignore the bad apples (and that includes me, even if they just make up stuff ).

dcdore

Postby dcdore » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:01 pm

Just a thought - Let's not get the basketball board deleted as well.
Always hopeful; rarely optimistic. @GAD

BelleVUe

Postby BelleVUe » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:27 pm

I hope that something new can replace that former political section.

Please consider adding a section for fun and happy things like posting interesting videos, or clean jokes, or Americana, or some mind-challenging trivia.

The old Lobo Forum at UNM had something called "The Basement" for stuff like this. Most of it was dominated by scifi afficienados, pictures of hot females, gamer correspondence, and the occasional non-party affiliated talk about certain issues like what would it take to get new sidewalks or have the existing sidewalks repaired outside The Pit.

If the football season doesn't go so well, what will there be to do here? Without something else, the natives will get restless and start focusing their uglies at the coach and the players.
True Love Does Exist

EllistonVU

Postby EllistonVU » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:09 pm

We had a clean joke thread a few months ago and it got deleted.

How clean did it need to be?? Sunday school clean??
Last edited by EllistonVU on Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KarenYates
Site Admin

Postby KarenYates » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:16 pm

EllistonVU wrote:
WestCoastDore wrote:

You were called out by the highest ranking mod himself the other night for being an obnoxious pain in the @55 and harassing other posters. You are extremely guilty in this. No denying it.

If that forum does come back at some point in time, you should be blocked from using it. Absolutely and 100 %

Of all people, you have no right to blame others.
@GAD

EllistonVU

Postby EllistonVU » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:43 pm

He started it.

BelleVUe

Postby BelleVUe » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:38 pm

Guys, we should be friends here. This is a Vanderbilt Sports forum, not the New Republic or Breitbart. Do you go to Vandy games and spend the entire time arguing politics with your friends?

Nobody is going to have their political philosophies altered here by anything that is/was posted in the deleted section. It isn't healthy for you to have such animosity, and you are being duped into helping divide so we can be conquered.

It is really silly to do all the childish posting about the reds and blues. That deleted section could have been an incredible part of the website if it were for things you would discuss while sitting in the football stadium or gym during a TV time out, or between pitches at the baseball park.

Would you go to the game with your buddy and then bad-mouth his political beliefs, or would you instead talk about the game, who just texted you something funny, and the hot blonde, brunette, and redhead sitting in the next section. No, she isn't going to go out with you.

That section would be so fab if people would post neat videos, talk about a great restaurant we should go try, supply links to interesting things like where you can order the latest gadget the cheapest, and only non-partisan quasi-political things that would solve problems without discussing party affiliation, like how to supply affordable living options in Nashville when everybody is leaving California and New York and moving here?

Please friends--let's get behind a non-political "other" forum that will be friendly to all with no political anything. Call it the Rathskeller. Start it with a continuing thread pertaining to where to get great pizza and a cold beer on a hot summer night.
True Love Does Exist

EllistonVU

Postby EllistonVU » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:00 pm

There is a Louisville/Indy pizza chain called "Boom Bozz" that is opening a couple in middle TN. People say it"s good. Maybe I'll go check it out in a few weeks and let you know.

BelleVUe

Postby BelleVUe » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:09 pm

We ordered to go from Dao Asian Bistro in Bellevue tonight. They have authentic recipes in addition to the typical Americanized Asian food. I highly recommend this place. It is next to Cancun's in the Kroger Shopping Center on 70S.
True Love Does Exist

Nashmann

Postby Nashmann » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:58 pm

BelleVUe wrote:We ordered to go from Dao Asian Bistro in Bellevue tonight. They have authentic recipes in addition to the typical Americanized Asian food. I highly recommend this place. It is next to Cancun's in the Kroger Shopping Center on 70S.

I've not tried there yet....guess I will have to now. Thanks.

ChattaDore

Postby ChattaDore » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:14 pm

KarenYates wrote:
EllistonVU wrote:
WestCoastDore wrote:

Of all people, you have no right to blame others.
@GAD

GAME....SET.....MATCH

@AD drop

I think the basketball team goes 22-9 this season.

Return to “Vanderbilt Men's Basketball”