Main VandyMania.com Page

POLITICAL, RACIAL AND RELIGIOUS DISCUSSIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED.

Scholarships Available

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit, kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates

Nashmann

Scholarships Available

Postby Nashmann » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:15 pm

By my count, we have 8 returning players and adding 3 more with Garland, Simi & Nesmith. Total 11. does that not mean we have 2 open scholarships?

Joe Toye will be the only Senior graduating(Djery I think is done also). So we would have 4 open splots if we don't add anyone. Is this all correct or am I missing something? I know you can never tell about a transfer.

cjdore

Re: Scholarships Available

Postby cjdore » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:44 pm

CBD told me that he is actively trying to add quality recruits to this years class. The news for 2018 may not be printed yet.

UltimateVUFan

Postby UltimateVUFan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:03 pm

Nashmann wrote:By my count, we have 8 returning players and adding 3 more with Garland, Simi & Nesmith. Total 11. does that not mean we have 2 open scholarships?

Joe Toye will be the only Senior graduating(Djery I think is done also). So we would have 4 open splots if we don't add anyone. Is this all correct or am I missing something? I know you can never tell about a transfer.

Remember, Matthew Moyer has already signed (Syracuse transfer) - will redshirt next season. VU has 1 scholarship left. Seems CBD/staff are looking at several potential bigs to fill that spot and play immediately.

Nashmann

Postby Nashmann » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:17 pm

UltimateVUFan wrote:
Nashmann wrote:By my count, we have 8 returning players and adding 3 more with Garland, Simi & Nesmith. Total 11. does that not mean we have 2 open scholarships?

Remember, Matthew Moyer has already signed (Syracuse transfer) - will redshirt next season. VU has 1 scholarship left. Seems CBD/staff are looking at several potential bigs to fill that spot and play immediately.

Darn! I forgot about Moyer.

Commodoredave

Postby Commodoredave » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:32 am

Drew is everywhere. We have never had anyone work on basketball recruiting like this guy.

Good2BGold

Postby Good2BGold » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:26 am

Baptiste is a redshirt junior this season, so unless he transfers, he has two more years counting this one.

commadore

Postby commadore » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:29 am

Commodoredave wrote:Drew is everywhere. We have never had anyone work on basketball recruiting like this guy.

Shame our football program doesn't have the Umph that our BB and Baseball programs have.

VanDSIRROM

Postby VanDSIRROM » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:05 pm

Vanderbilt has a football team?
"For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name--He marks--not that you won or lost--but how you played the game." Grantland Rice, VU Alumnus

@AD @AD @AD @AD

BelleVUe

Postby BelleVUe » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:42 am

When was the last season that at least one player did not transfer before using up all his eligibility? Two left from this past season, and there is a good chance that one to two will transfer every year. If Garland and Shittu are one-and-done players, there could be a need to sign up to 4 or 5 new players in 2018-19.

In our wildest dreams, Garland and Shittu choose to stay one more year, and then Wiseman and Watford both sign, and our roster matches Kentucky's for talent.
True Love Does Exist

Return to “Vanderbilt Men's Basketball”