The game that will never end

Discuss Nashville's NFL team here, the Tennessee Titans.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Titans309fan
Admiral

The game that will never end

Post by Titans309fan »

Already had a two hour delay, and this current delay may be longer.

Still 7-3 Dolphins. Both teams have missed fourth down conversions and have an interception each. At least it will be Titans ball with a chance to take the lead.

Titans309fan
Admiral

Re: The game that will never end

Post by Titans309fan »

This was the longest game in elapsed time in NFL history. I am honestly more worried about Walker than what happened today. He has been the most dependable offensive weapon, and if he is out for the season with a broken bone, I don't know if the team can recover.

Some may say Mariota was terrible with two picks, but both appear to be the result of an elbow injury sustained early. He took himself out after the second pick.

This was a game the Titans could have won, but a dropped TD on the first drive and a failed 4th down and goal on the second drive resulted in just 3 points instead of 14. If the Titans had been ahead during all these delays instead of behind, it certainly could have been a different game.

The good news is that the Colts and Texans lost, while the Jags barely beat the Giants. If the Titans can beat the Texans at home next week, I will feel much better about the team. But a loss brings them one step closer to a rebuilding year rather than a build-on-a-playoff-win year.

It just hard to win when your QB, left tackle, and star TE are knocked out, though the defense was the bigger problem, giving up a couple of deep passes. They also struggled against the run early.
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

Mariota injured...who would have guessed? Most overrated QB in the league as far as I am concerned. All he has going for him is he can run some. But he is fragile. Time to start looking ahead .......
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
EllistonVU
Vice Admiral

Post by EllistonVU »

Nashmann wrote:Mariota injured...who would have guessed? Most overrated QB in the league as far as I am concerned. All he has going for him is he can run some. But he is fragile. Time to start looking ahead .......
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

EllistonVU wrote:
Nashmann wrote:Mariota injured...who would have guessed? Most overrated QB in the league as far as I am concerned. All he has going for him is he can run some. But he is fragile. Time to start looking ahead .......
lol....he could fill in...he sure knows how to take a hit and keep playing...
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
EllistonVU
Vice Admiral

Post by EllistonVU »

Nashmann wrote:
EllistonVU wrote:
lol....he could fill in...he sure knows how to take a hit and keep playing...
There was a report quoted on twitter that Green Bay has been in contact with him.

Then again, Rodgers was carted off and came back to win a tough game. Mariota would go on the unable to play list for 2 weeks if his dog had a hangnail.

Fun fast fact: "mariota" is the Hawaiian word for "locker."
Locked Previous topicNext topic