As the Titans face 3rd and 50 from the 12 yard line...

Discuss Nashville's NFL team here, the Tennessee Titans.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

EllistonVU
Vice Admiral

As the Titans face 3rd and 50 from the 12 yard line...

Post by EllistonVU »

Here comes the excuses in high gear from the News 2 "sports" team... Delanie Walker isn't dressed out... it will be a WHOLE NEW BALL GAME if Walker was there. etc etc etc

Another meaningless practice game. But It's hard to see this team winning more than a couple of games before mid-November. The schedule does lighten up by then but it will be too late. People will have lost interest totally in them as Preds hockey and VU hoops kicks into high gear.

Titans309fan
Admiral

Re: As the Titans face 3rd and 50 from the 12 yard line...

Post by Titans309fan »

The Titans are a complete unknown right now. They are missing their #1 right tackle, #1 receiver, #1 tight end, #1 corner, #1 and #2 edge rushers, and their #1 draft pick. Morgan and Conklin will likely miss some regular season games, but if everyone else is back for Miami, the team might be just fine.

I don't like what I am seeing (especially the secondary) in the preseason, but it is preseason. We really won't know much about the Titans till they play Miami 15 days from now.
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

Titans look pretty weak. All starts from QB. Mariota most overhyped QB in the league. NOT a franchise player. Average arm at best....all he has is the ability to run which leads you his next season-ending injury in the making. I know the team is missing lots of players but so are the other teams. Will be surprised if they make playoffs.
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
Titans309fan
Admiral

Post by Titans309fan »

Mariota had a bad game, but he is still going to be the Titans QB for the next 10+ years. I expect him to be the first Titans QB ever to pass for 4000+ yards this year based on this offense.
EllistonVU
Vice Admiral

Post by EllistonVU »

Titans309fan wrote:Mariota had a bad game, but he is still going to be the Titans QB for the next 10+ years. I expect him to be the first Titans QB ever to pass for 4000+ yards this year based on this offense.
Why does nobody want to take him in the fantasy football drafts?

He's a notch above Jake Locker who the team spent a #8 first round pick on and gave up football after 3 years. It wouldn't bother me if Salt Lake City built a dome and the team moved away. Six winning seasons in 16 years of Fisher was a high point. They will never go back to another Super Bowl. How long they gonna try to live off the one post-season upset win at KC? It's all they have to hang their hat on but with every disappointment, it's exactly what you will hear about. Titans = Bobby Johnson.
BelleVUe

Post by BelleVUe »

From strictly a fan standpoint, I'd love to see Luke Falk end up as the starting QB and running an offense similar to New England's, which is basically the NFL version of the Air Raid.
Titans309fan
Admiral

Post by Titans309fan »

BelleVUe wrote:From strictly a fan standpoint, I'd love to see Luke Falk end up as the starting QB and running an offense similar to New England's, which is basically the NFL version of the Air Raid.
Falk is unlikely to ever take an NFL snap. I seriously doubt he even makes the team.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I miss Mike Mularkey
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
Titans309fan
Admiral

Post by Titans309fan »

admin wrote:I miss Mike Mularkey
First time I have heard that. No matter what happens this year, at least Mularkey isn't hurting this team anymore. He just is way too old fashioned to be an NFL head coach.
BelleVUe

Post by BelleVUe »

admin wrote:I miss Mike Mularkey
I miss Wally Lemm
Locked Previous topicNext topic