Titans - Patriots in the Division round

Discuss Nashville's NFL team here, the Tennessee Titans.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Titans309fan
Admiral

Titans - Patriots in the Division round

Post by Titans309fan »

If all the national media picked the Chiefs to beat the Titans, there are sure going to pick the Patriots to do so as well. The Titans themselves have never won in New England, though they came very close in the 2003-04 playoffs, the coldest game in franchise history.

I feel like I did before the Vandy-Bama game this year. There is some reason for optimism based on the recent games, but it is so hard to beat the Super Bowl champions in the playoffs. All I can really hope for is that the Titans defense gets to Brady early and puts a few licks on him. The offense also has to stay on the field for as long as possible, like the 2nd half of the Chiefs game.

The Pats defense doesn't worry me too much, but Gronk certainly does. If Kelce hadn't been knocked out of the Chiefs game, I don't see how the Titans would have shut out the Chiefs the whole 2nd half. Gronk is even better, and the Titans just struggle against great tight ends. Brady is still amazing, even at his age.

All the Titans can do is go out and play with nothing to lose. If they lose, it was expected, but if they win, it will one of the greatest playoff wins of all time.