Titans vs. Chiefs Wildcard game

Discuss Nashville's NFL team here, the Tennessee Titans.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Titans309fan
Admiral

Titans vs. Chiefs Wildcard game

Post by Titans309fan »

The Chiefs have been a weird team this year, looking like the best team in the NFL after the first five games, looking like one of the worst during the next 7, and then recovering these last 4.

The Chiefs have just not been good in the playoffs. They have lost 10 of their last 11 playoff games, including their last 5 at home. Both Coach Reid and QB Smith have been lousy playoff time. It's just hard to know how the Titans will do, since this is the first playoffs for most of the team.

While the Titans are at least a TD underdog, there is no reason why they can't win Saturday. They just need to keep playing solid defense, run the ball effectively, and not make any crucial mistakes. Mariota really stood out against the Jags, though more because of his legs than his arm. He needs to contribute both ways in this game.

I do hope the Titans offense can learn from their mistakes last week. There were some severe problems with both the players and coaching, and hopefully they don't happen again.

Titans309fan
Admiral

Re: Titans vs. Chiefs Wildcard game

Post by Titans309fan »

That game was crazy! It looked all but over when falling behind 21-3 right before the half. But having their TE knocked changed everything. The Chiefs couldn't score again, even after a muffed punt.

Mariota and Henry we're awesome the second half. Mariota became only the second QB in NFL history to throw a TD to himself, while both made huge rubs. That final play with Mariorta blocking for Henry on third and ten will be replayed for years to come.

I am just so happy right now. It was an amazing comeback, and another long streak has been broken.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I switched the Titans-Chiefs over to the MBB game at USC. I pretty much had given up on the Titans. I just now see on the bottom of the screen, Final: Titans 22, Chiefs 21. Wow! Way to come back! Maybe they'll leave Malarkey alone for a week or two.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
ScrappyDore
Captain

Post by ScrappyDore »

Mariota was amazing again. He has proven that he can win at this level. As soon as they get competent coaches and a modern day scheme in place, the future looks very bright. I was impressed last week with that stiff arm, but his block to spring Henry for that final first down was just as awesome. The defense shutdown a good offense, albeit minus one of it's best weapons, in the second half. An overall long awaited and much needed day for this franchise.
Locked Previous topicNext topic