Titans in the playoffs!

Discuss Nashville's NFL team here, the Tennessee Titans.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Titans309fan
Admiral

Titans in the playoffs!

Post by Titans309fan »

Despite the Jags going all out to knock the Titans out of the playoffs, the Titans prevailed 15-10, and they will face Kansas City next Saturday at 3:45 PM.

It was a really weird game, with Mariota contributing a lot more with his legs than his arm. He made a few good passes, but he looked like college Mariota out there running the ball, something I haven't seen him do for most of the year. Henry had a big TD reception after a screen pass, his first of the year. And the defense really came through with multiple turnovers and holding the Jags offense to 3 points.

Of course it wouldn't be a Titans game without at least one major bonehead play, and it almost cost them the game. As the Titans will driving in the 4th quarter to make it 22-3 (or at least 18-3), Mariota and Henry collided on the handoff, and the Jags returned the fumble all the way for a TD.

It wasn't a pretty game, and the offense still needs to get a lot better converting short third downs. But it was still an extremely important win, putting the Titans in the playoffs for the first time since 2008. The AFC also gets the Bills (breaking the longest playoff drought after last going in 1999) and the Jags (last playoff in 2007 and last home playoff game in 1999). So many players on this team have never been, and they are so excited to make it.

Today was pretty special for me too, since I was able to be on the field during the pregame activities and national anthem, holding the Titan Up flag with other season ticket holders. I have been on the field before, but never during a game, and was so cool.