The Titans on VandyMania now!!

Discuss Nashville's NFL team here, the Tennessee Titans.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

admin
Site Admin

The Titans on VandyMania now!!

Post by admin »

Go Titans!

-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
ScrappyDore
Captain

Re: The Titans on VandyMania now!!

Post by ScrappyDore »

To bad they have a complete moron for a coach. If they do not fire him next Monday then the fans are going to burn Baptist Sports Park. This is just awful.
Titans309fan
Admiral

Post by Titans309fan »

ScrappyDore wrote:To bad they have a complete moron for a coach. If they do not fire him next Monday then the fans are going to burn Baptist Sports Park. This is just awful.
The fans are the idiots for wanting him fired. Maybe they have selective memories, but the TItans won a total of 5 games in the two years before he became the official head coach. They have won 17 since then, and have a great chance at #18 and the first playoff appearance since 2008.

We are in year 2 of the rebuilding process. I know it has been disappointing to lose 3 in a row, but the Jags lost to the same 3 teams as well. Mularkey is going to be given at least one more year, as he should. No NFL team would fire a coach that shows a 12 game improvement.

And thanks, Don, for starting this. The Titans and Vandy have a good relationship, and there are many common fans.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for posting and for your comments. I wish the Titans well. They are here to stay, good or bad for Vandy. I think we have lost a lot of news coverage because of the Titans but I also think having the Titans in town just down the street from Vandy makes Vandy more attractive to prospective college players who hope to make it to the NFL someday. Even if for some reason they didn't care for making the NFL, having an NFL team gives Nashville a feather in its cap that the other 13 SEC teams do not have.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
ScrappyDore
Captain

Post by ScrappyDore »

Titans309fan wrote:
ScrappyDore wrote:To bad they have a complete moron for a coach. If they do not fire him next Monday then the fans are going to burn Baptist Sports Park. This is just awful.
The fans are the idiots for wanting him fired. Maybe they have selective memories, but the TItans won a total of 5 games in the two years before he became the official head coach. They have won 17 since then, and have a great chance at #18 and the first playoff appearance since 2008.

We are in year 2 of the rebuilding process. I know it has been disappointing to lose 3 in a row, but the Jags lost to the same 3 teams as well. Mularkey is going to be given at least one more year, as he should. No NFL team would fire a coach that shows a 12 game improvement.

And thanks, Don, for starting this. The Titans and Vandy have a good relationship, and there are many common fans.
Yes we are all idiots because we want an incompetent coach fired. When you look at the stats from last year to this, this team is worse. With better players. There is no excuse for the offense to be this bad. Except coaching. He has made more dumb decisions than a peewee coach. The fake punt with the lead at Arizona. The misuse of time outs Sunday, The list is long. His refusal to accept that his "Smash mouth Exotic" offense is so damn one dimensional that it took the NFL 4 weeks to figure out. And even though the whole planet knows how to stop it, what has he done. Insisted they can get better. What? Come on this guy can't even see whats happening right in front of him. He is out coached every week. The Browns had us beat. The depleted Texans had us beat. The Colts had double digit leads in both games. Since the Seattle game, they have done nothing on offense. MM has regressed to high school level. But nothing changes, just the same old coach babble for "I have no F'ing idea what to do". Lets just keep trying to run Murray up the middle till we punt. They have no imagination except different ways to run up the middle. The receivers run crap routes. We are always in max protect. And on and on. Does Pitts, NE or any other top team force the run all day? No they know that this is a passing league. Hmmm, might be a clue Mularkey.

Whats is going to happen is the Jags will rest their starters and we will win. Thus securing his job and probably his staff. Next week the Jags will destroy us in round one. But because we backed into the playoffs, we will be stuck with the tard for a few more years. Thus setting the franchise back another 5 years. That is why the stadium was half empty this past Sunday. Nobody expects us to win. It will be half packed this Sunday. Most of the idiotic fans know what everybody but you few smart people don't. Mularkey is slang for bullShit which is what we get on the field every week.

Sure you can tell him to replace his OC, and he will go find the next retread coach from yesteryear that wants to run it up the middle all day. Why? That's his style. So replacing him will not work. J Robinson has stocked the offense, and has the defensive talent up as well. Another off season and the talent will be top notch on both sides. Do you really want this guy wasting it?

I like Mularky, but he is not the coach to get it done. He can not get this team over the top. This is probably his ceiling.
ScrappyDore
Captain

Post by ScrappyDore »

I guess us idiots were right.

Josh McDaniels for the win!!!!!!!!!!
Locked Previous topicNext topic