Ole Miss Upsets us 1-0

Fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodores Soccer Team.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Ole Miss Upsets us 1-0

Post by charlestonalum »

well we still go into the SEC tournament #1 but Ole Miss wins their last 3 games and gets a bye in the tournament. I hope the loss gives us some relief from probably a little stress with the unbeaten SEC string. Now we just need to win the tournament and make lots of noise in the NCAA. Winning the SEC tournament is not as important as a long run in the NCAA in my opinion.

dore43
Rear Admiral

Re: Ole Miss Upsets us 1-0

Post by dore43 »

The weather conditions were brutal. Maddie Allen's shot with 30 minutes to go in the second looked good off her foot, but unfortunately hit the crossbar. Cutshall had one hit the post in the first half I believe as well. Wasn't our day. Streak had to end at some point.

Agree with you RE: NCAA Tournament v. Conference Tournament.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

we out shot them 17-4 which means we had our chances and that overall we were agressive - just did not get the ball in the goal in bad conditions. Not a bad loss - in fact, it may be a good loss for a number of reasons.
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

charlestonalum wrote:we out shot them 17-4 which means we had our chances and that overall we were agressive - just did not get the ball in the goal in bad conditions. Not a bad loss - in fact, it may be a good loss for a number of reasons.

I don't know a lot about soccer, but I would venture a guess that it is HIGHLY unusual to lose a game in which you got that many more shots on goal than your opponent. And I'm guessing that just 4 shots on goal for an entire game is extraordinarily low at this level of competition.
Locked Previous topicNext topic