Win big on the road at Jacksonville

Fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodores Soccer Team.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Win big on the road at Jacksonville

Post by charlestonalum »

Winning on the road is always tricky even against a team like Jacksonville - our defense again came through big in the 3-0 win.

https://vucommodores.com/news/2018/8/19 ... shion.aspx

vandy67
Captain

Re: Win big on the road at Jacksonville

Post by vandy67 »

Two players stood out to me as I watched the victory over the Dolphins on a hot, humid, sunny Sunday afternoon.
This is a young team.
Azari was aggressive through out the game - she set up the last two goal with speed and touch
Shamberger plays smart and is a steady defender. Kept JU from having many options on their few attacks.
DoreZag
Captain

Re: Win big on the road at Jacksonville

Post by DoreZag »

A road win is always welcome. However, I think losing 1-0 on the road to the 10th-ranked team in the country (FSU) gives us a better idea of what we are capable of in league play than the Jax win. This team is young and we lost some important offense but with our strong D I think we can have another surprising year like last year.

I'm looking forward to Homecoming weekend. My daughter is now a Sophomore and she loves watching soccer and we play South Carolina on that Friday night. It will be some nice bonding time with her and a win over USC (East) would be sweet!
Locked Previous topicNext topic