Story: Vanderbilt falls to Santa Clara in NCAA

Fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodores Soccer Team.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

admin
Site Admin

Story: Vanderbilt falls to Santa Clara in NCAA

Post by admin »

-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
memphisVUalum
Vice Admiral

Re: Story: Vanderbilt falls to Santa Clara in NCAA

Post by memphisVUalum »

I saw it on my watchESPN app. Santa Clara had control of the ball most of the day. I was impressed by our goalie although I didn’t see the last two goals scored on her. We didn’t seem to be able to get off many shots. Toward the end we tried a couple of kicks that were not kicked very hard and which rolled straight to their goalie, who wasn’t challenged much except on the nifty first squib we kicked in from close by. Had we not kicked straight at the goalie the final couple of efforts we might have had a chance to catch up, but our opportunities were too few and we didn’t make the most of them.

We had a tie game briefly at 1-1 and I was hoping for the best but we just couldn’t muster much offense against their disciplined defense.

Congrats to the coach and team for a fine season though!
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Re: Story: Vanderbilt falls to Santa Clara in NCAA

Post by charlestonalum »

the progress this program has made in 3 years is fantastic: Coach said after the loss - we took a major step this year by beating some top 20 teams - we plan to be a top 20 (or higher) team - that will be the next step.
Locked Previous topicNext topic