Snedeker shoots 59

The discussion forum for both the men's and women's Vanderbilt golf teams.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

DeefromAtlanta
Admiral

Snedeker shoots 59

Post by DeefromAtlanta »

Snedeker just shot a 59 (par 70) first round at the Wyndham. Bogeyed his first hole.

darthvaderbilt
Rear Admiral

Re: Snedeker shoots 59

Post by darthvaderbilt »

now 30th in FedCup andings
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

darthvaderbilt wrote:now 30th in FedCup andings

I'm not an expert on FedEx matters, but I believe the 30 you see by Brandt's name is his "projected" FedEx ranking, if he follows up and wins this tournament. He's actually currently ranked 80th.

Regardless, I couldn't be happier for him. Great guy, great representative for our univesity. And today at least, the best golfer on the damn planet!
vufan1
Rear Admiral

Post by vufan1 »

geeznotagain wrote:
darthvaderbilt wrote:now 30th in FedCup andings

I'm not an expert on FedEx matters, but I believe the 30 you see by Brandt's name is his "projected" FedEx ranking, if he follows up and wins this tournament. He's actually currently ranked 80th.

Regardless, I couldn't be happier for him. Great guy, great representative for our univesity. And today at least, the best golfer on the damn planet!
Correct about that it is a projected FedEx Cup rank, IF they finished the tournament in that position.

I initially listened to the call on PGA Radio and then watched the videos of it. Wow, was I happy for him!!! He is only the 9th golfer EVER to shoot below 60 in a PGA event.

BTW, Will Gordon won both his US Amateur matches today to advance to the final 8. Our other two VU golfers both lost in the round of 32 (after knocking off two of the top three ranked amateurs in the world in the round of 64).
DeefromAtlanta
Admiral

Post by DeefromAtlanta »

Besides squeezing into the top 30 in FedEx points, I believe Snedeker needs a win to qualify for The Masters. What a great boost this win would bring after a frustrating year. I hope whatever he found to tweak his iron play on his last nine is good to go moving forward.

Still amazed he opened with a bogey. You can watch his round in abbreviated form at this link. (may need to find "Every shot from 59" on the page).Fascinating to watch.

https://www.pgatour.com/#
vujoe
Vice Admiral

Post by vujoe »

He is fun to watch.
Titans309fan
Admiral

Post by Titans309fan »

Hopefully he can settle down today. He is 1 over through 4, with two bogeys and a birdie, and he has dropped to 2nd place. A good round would be 4 or 5 under (best today so far is 7 under).

He did birdie the next hole to get to even and a 3 way tie for first.
Titans309fan
Admiral

Post by Titans309fan »

Barring a meltdown on the final two holes, he will be in the lead going into the weekend. He eagled #15 and birdied the par 3 #16 for the 2nd day in a row to take a 2 shot lead. Another birdie wouldn't hurt, though he parred these two upcoming holes yesterday.

He parred both to end up at -14 after 2 rounds. It looks like he will be paired with D.A. Points, a big surprise in 2nd place.
Locked Previous topicNext topic